Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Kingston on Thames last night at Canbury gardens,20 fished a match 6:30 to9pm ,and I'm very happy to say that 2nd place came to an angler (10+LB) all goer roach and dace on the stick float.Considering this venue has a BIG population of cormorants and there has been no flow or colour, I am feeling a lot more confident than I was at the start of the season. Bring on the autumn!!!

Fished the free stretch of the Thames by Windsor Rugby pitch last sunday from 5pm to 10pm. Not a thing.
    Will keep on trying!

alan whittington Guest

Been today just below Abingdon,my mate and i caught nothing,its becoming habit forming.

Hi mate,i fish the Thames everyday and ive definatly found out that the tidal sections of the river are fishing better than the non-tidal,the non-tidal is really slow to pick up this season and ive noticed an abnormal amount of weed that is absolutely crammed full of natural food for the fish im not sure if this has anything to do with it but ive done a few nights on the non-tidal and not even a bream has come out so i decided to fish the tidal for the last two nights and what do you know four carp to 28lb 11oz and 9 bream to 8lb 4oz,im definatly going to keep trying on the non-tidal as i fished the same section of the river in kingston last season and had 7 carp out in a night to 34lb 6oz and got overwhelmed by bream but try and get on the tidal sections of the river between teddington lock and richmond it is fishing alot better at the moment.tight lines.

alan whittington Guest

Im glad someone is catching on the river somewhere even if it is on the tidal,well done Rivercarper

Thanks mate,im off again tonight to try my luck on the non-tidal somewhere in between kingston and hampton court,bring on the autumn,tight lines.

alan whittington Guest

And so say all of us,im off to Christchurch with the family for a couple weeks shortly(i will get a few hours on the Stour most evenings)and hopefully when i get back things will have kicked off.Tell you what the way it is where i go it would be good to be overwhelmed by minnows(yuk,what am i saying)
    Last edited by alan whittington; 23-07-2009 at 20:31.

Hi Rivercarper,have you fished around Kew bridge recently?I have read of kills down there.

Default At least someone's seen some action.

Rivercarper - good stuff. Sadly the tidal is not in the equation for me living in Oxford. I've been on the Thames three times in the last week including last night. One bite last night which I think was a small bream and I don't always hit them not that that worries me as they're not what I'm targetting.

Some signs of the odd fish topping but it's dreadfully slow. Some signs of crayfish attacking my bait too last night which is a worrying sign. Where I fish at Culham they've not been too big a problem but they seem to be spreading.

I also fish a stretch at Northmoor which I've only been to twice in the first week. Good Roach stretch but the local farmer has his cows in there at the moment and they trash my car! Lick it all over and smash off door mirrors in the process. I now have two bloody dents in the rear door!

Good for beefburgers that's all.............

Blog Entries

I've done no better. I've had a couple of sessions at Teddington with little to show for it but small bream and a couple of fat dace and just had 4 hours at Weybridge for ziltch.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast