Thames: River Thames - is it fishing for anyone else?

sergioge

Reaction score
Hi mate no i havnt fished near kew bridge for many years not likely too for a while yet since Thames water keep dumping raw sewage into the river by isleworth thats probably why theres alot of dead fish up there ive seen quite a few alright sized bream floating dead on the water,its discraceful.

A

alan whittington

It seems a river length problem apart from the tidal geoff,if we knew it all i think it would still be confusing.The tidal isnt really an option for me either but interesting all the same Murton,as for crays at Culham,i had what i thought were signs last year also but i havnt seen one nor anyone else to my knowledge in two years,so i hope your wrong.

Last edited:

Specihunter

Reaction score
Lets hope this rain ends soon so we can get the flow going and the fish feeding.

sergioge

Reaction score
Definatly mate sick of this rain wheres the sun? are you sure your not asleep?lol

Specihunter

Reaction score
yeah i had a nice 6lb barbel after that shot was taken lol. Going to give the cherwell a try see if it's fishing well, theory is if thats fishing well then the thames will follow .

Last edited:

sergioge

Reaction score
Just got back from a little session on the Thames at kingston and only a 2lb chub a small bream and alot of weed when is the non-tidal going to pick up? ive never known it this bad,i think im gonna do the same mate im gonna hit the lakes and the tidal for the next couple of days then hopefully it should've picked up a bit,it needs a bit of flow on it i was fishing to the other side with only an oz and a half leads.its madness.

A

alan whittington

Been to the Thame today at Dorchester and had the grand total of a 1lb chub and a 6oz perch.:eek:

Specihunter

Reaction score
Glad I went to my club lake had 3 tench. Then had a walk along the thames and well my heart sank still no flow and the evenlode was coloured .

sergioge

Reaction score
I know mate,its got to pick up soon im out early in the morning at 6 going to fish in between kingston and hampton court,going to keep trying,ive heard of a few carp coming out opposite thames ditton marina nothing too big though i think its more luck than judgement at the moment.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Worse still i was told it's silted up at lechlade .Godd luck for tomorrow mate lets hope you get a big un.

sergioge

Reaction score
Thats not good,thanks mate me too,cant wait for the autumn,still got to keep trying.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I was on the Thames yesterday for a short spell, spinning.

I was surprised to find the river still running at its low summer levels, I'd expected it to be up after all the rains. So the ground water table must have been really low and be soaking up all this cr*p that's getting thrown at us.

I caught a chub of 2lbs on silver Droppen, a perch of 8ozs on a Mepps with a dressed tail, and a small 4lbs pike on a Creek Chub Pikie, white with red head. One of each, can't be bad and I was on very light tackle so great fun.

sergioge

Reaction score
Not good mate,absolutly nothing on the bank,i tryed everything to get a run ended up fishing zig rigs on both rods(one of them was an adjustable zig tried it at various depths) to try and combat the weed but still nothing even the bream wernt having any of it which is very unusual for the spot i was fishing,definatly bring on the autumn,at least there was a bit of flow this time,so it looks like ill be fishing the tidal for a bit,that definatly seems to be fishing better at the moment. Tight lines.

A

alan whittington

Im very concerned last year i put my 'smartcast' through a lot of swims and even though i wasnt always catching most times a few fish showed this season im struggling to find one,on Saturday on the Thame i trotted it through several swims with nothing to show im just hoping its broken.

sergioge

Reaction score
Ive had the fish finder out too,seen quite a few fish but there all up in the water about 4-5 foot off the bottom cruising mid water in some swims but i agree there are definatly less fish than last year theres also alot of weed growth this year too where i fish is usually free of weed but this year im bringing in huge clumps of it everytime i reel in and theres so much natural food in it,maybe that has something to do with the river not fishing to well at the moment,Tight lines.

A

alan whittington

I havnt found a weed problem up to 10 miles below Oxford,beyond that i dont know,and im showing virtually zilch on my fish-finder,looks as though wont be going this week the family is full of this dreaded 'flu'.

danefly

Reaction score
Hi just been reading your thread. I used to fish for barbel between hampton court and kingston, but haven't been back for few years. Do you know if there are barbel still there? I remember the river flow was too fast and weedy the last time I was there. Is this still the case? I'm planning on going down next week

sergioge

Reaction score
Hi mate,yes its still good for barbel between kingston and hampton court more towards hampton court than kingston,id have to say somewhere between molesey lock and opposite thames ditton marina is where me and my mates have had most of ours all coming on 21mm halibut pellets,dynamites spicy shrimp and prawn boilies and carp company icelandic reds,hope this helps,Tight lines

A

alan whittington

Went again last Saturday and caught my first bream from the river this season(unheard of)and that was it,what the hells going on,i read on another thread the Bristol Avon has been similar,weird and coincidental.