River Severn

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Section of Fishery or river stretch: Shrewsbury (mid stretch)
Date: 20/july/2009
Time fished: 17:00-20:00
Weather conditions: warm, mostly overcast with some down poor, light wind getting stronger with rain
Water conditions: very high level, dropping very slightly
Air temperature: not taken
Water Temperature: Not taken
Bait:Hal pellet,spam
Method: 2 rods down the stream in the margins with micro pellets in feeder
Results:2 barbel 7 and 8,5lb
Brief description of the session & remarks:I fished this section for the first time and had a good talk to friendly locals before fishing ,they send me to a good swim :).Thanks goes to them.
Water very high, carry quite a bit of cra..p.Not the easiest fishing.I was very tired after night spend on ribble but reward was superb.:D

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Section of Fishery or river stretch: just above Shrewsbury
Date: 30/july/2009
Time fished: 16:00-23:00
Weather conditions: warm, light wind,and bright sun
Water conditions: very high level, and quite a bit of cr..p comming down
Air temperature: 20.5 dropping down to 12,9
Water Temperature: 14.8
Bait:Hal pellet and new fish pellets
Method: 2 rods down the stream 1 in the margins with micro pellets in feeder and 1 in the mid water
Results:11 barbel up to 8lb and 2 chub to about 3.5lb
Brief description of the session & remarks: Lovely day of fishing,severn hardly every let me down even never had a double out of it yet.Frequent recast required and this heavy feeding brought fish in the swim.
Water very high, carry quite a bit of cra..p.Wish double come my way.:):w

Reaction score
Nice fishing Dr.W.

If you're really keen on a Severn double may be better targetting the river from Stourport downstream...get on the Birmingham Anglers web site and see what they've got...they do day tickets (got to buy in advance but tons of tackle shops do them so no problem)..Actually if you're determined to target the Severn would be worth your while getting a Birminham Anglers Club card...they're really reasonable (no joining fee)...when I lived in Shropshire it was the first thing on the list!!

Hope to meet you on the Ribble fishin :w:w:w

Poshers

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Wiktor, if you are determined to catch a double then may I suggest you try the river from Worcester to Upton where you are more likely to find them. Severn Stoke doesn't hold a lot of barbel but what few there are will be good sized fish and more than likely a double. Upton on Severn hold more barbel and quite a few doubles among them.

Reaction score
Sorry Fred...did mean fish-in. Don't get too excited...I am making a cheeky assumption of future delights (or frostbite!)

Trust all is going well for thee....I've been having fun with the barbs on the Dane.. nothing "huge" - best about 5ib 4oz but still worth it in a lovely setting. One or two good chub as well....never a mixed bag...always a few of one species and a single of the other

Poshers

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Wiktor

Man from Forest of Dean and Man from Del Monte (sorry Kent) both speak with same voice....it must be good advice!!!

It is very good advice

Poshers