Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River Teme

Default River Teme

Fished there Saturday afteroon and blanked!

The river was very low and gin clear.
    (token Worcestershire member of PaSC )

Dedicated Off Road Driver.

Great story Steve.

Any photos?
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cholmondeley-Corker (PaSC) View Post
    Great story Steve.

Any photos?
    I attached a blank picture Matt!

I will pray for a bit of rain in Wales before my next session on the Teme.
    (token Worcestershire member of PaSC )

Dedicated Off Road Driver.

The Teme is never easy in summer conditions with long dry spells, but there is one way to tempt bites from those Teme tigers and that is by using small baits and a smaller than normal hook, size 14 is about as big as you want to go. Casters are probably the No. 1 bait on the Teme at any time but even moreso in clear conditions and I have caught in blazing sunshine in those conditions using 6mm or 8mm pellet but they won't even look at big pellets.

There is one consolation Steve, if you are going to blank you won't find a nicer place to do it, a Mr Crabtree river if ever there was one. Where did you fish mate?

Default My new group on Facebook

Hello all

Ive just started a new group on Facebook just for fun

The River Teme Angling (walking landscape/wildlife photography ) | Facebook

Come have a look and feel free to join if you like !

Paul (feel free to add me as friend on Facebook )

(If this thread is against the FM rules then please feel feel free to remove it and im sorry if i have broken any rules )

Myself and Alan Whittington fished above bransford bridge (wards 84) on Monday. The river was at normal levels showing a tinge of colour. Fishing was tough but we managed 4 barbel and I think about 8 Chub. The biggest fish was about 6-6.5 lb. Although we fished the whole stretch the majority of the fish came from just 2 swims. Indicating the fish were shoaled up.
    It was interesting to see the banks showing very little usage this year, with only half the normal numbers of pegs being cut out.
    PaSC Designated On Road Driver

Default Re: River Teme

Years ago I fished the Teme at Powick...it was controled by the St Johns club...does anyone know if they still have the section above the bridge/mill towards the weir?
    Do you know what "nemesis" means?
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
    Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***... me.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyboy View Post
    Years ago I fished the Teme at Powick...it was controled by the St Johns club...does anyone know if they still have the section above the bridge/mill towards the weir?
    Jolly, you must know people in high places

I've looked at the website a couple of times and can't make the entry requirements, neither do they appear to offer day tickets and the site doesn't even list their waters.

It appears easier to join the masons

Quote Originally Posted by itsfishingnotcatching View Post
    Jolly, you must know people in high places

I've looked at the website a couple of times and can't make the entry requirements, neither do they appear to offer day tickets and the site doesn't even list their waters.

It appears easier to join the masons
    I wish...now don't quot me and bear in mind it was a while back but you got a day ticket off Alans Tackle on Malvern road..... I can't remember if that was for above the weir and below was club water only or vice versa..... I should remeber as I flippin lived on Malvern road....my memory ain't what it used to be
    Do you know what "nemesis" means?
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
    Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***... me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTodd View Post
    It was interesting to see the banks showing very little usage this year, with only half the normal numbers of pegs being cut out.
    Downstream has been hammered first couple of weeks of the season, as has what used to be Portabello (now BAA) below Wards.

I had to walk miles (on St Johns lol!) on opening day to find the fish and some peace and quiet.

First bite, 11lb 2oz! Went home after that, the day couldn't get any better...
    Last edited by Dicky (Angling Trust PAC); 07-07-2011 at 18:16.
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast