River Welland

d0nny

Reaction score
Hi All,
This may be a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone out there fishing the river Welland in Lincolnshire? I fish it regularly myself and wondered if anyone else does much as it's usually pretty quiet. Can offer plenty of up to date info on this interesting little river.

d0nny

Reaction score
Welland

I fish the river all over, from well above Stamford up to the Barrowden area and down below Deeping for chubbing/roving type stuff, and the 'Wide Welland' along the Crowland length for Pike, and in the past Bream.
Ps I have met Greg on a few occasions not recently though, but thanks for the reply.

bendsomecane

Reaction score
welland

I remember with some fondness the welland, having recently read Ivan marks on match fishing, Can anyone offer any reasonable info about the state of the mid river in summer/autumn primarily for bream fishing.

BSC.

14th_monkey

Reaction score
Welland Stamfor to Eyebrook area

Hi There. Do I need to book beats to fly fish the Welland upriver from stamford? I have tried to google it but other that some clubs that dont exist or who have 50 strong waiting lists and are really exclusive no one can give me a good answer. So far I have been told to just go for it!
Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards

R.