Korum Neoteric Twin Tip - Tip Ring

Roddy

Reaction score
The lining has fallen out of the tip ring of the 1.75lb top section of my Korum Neoteric Twin Tip rod. Fortunately, I discovered this by noticing it, not by hearing the grating twang of line giving up the fight with a large fish on the end! I contacted Korum who wouldn't repair it but tried to sell me a new top section. I don't need half a new rod, I just need a tip ring. I've looked on the Guides N Blanks website but there's a huge choice. All I know is that it's a Si guide. Anyone know what I'm after?

Roddy

sam vimes

Reaction score
Roddy,
I've just dug out one of my Neoterics. I can't find any makers stamp on the larger rings, which I'd expect if they were Seymo or Fuji.
The Fuji PST looks the closest but the Alps SiC Lite looks like a possibility. Hard to be sure when the rings pictured are a different size and only from one angle.
Based on the cost and nothing else, I'd suspect that the Alps ones are the more likely contenders.

Roddy

Reaction score
Thanks to you both, Noknot and Sam. I think I'll mix the two replies and take the offending article into a tackle shop and see what matches best.

cheers

Roddy

little oik

Reaction score
I broke a ring on one of my neotorics .I emailed Korum about it to see if they could send me a new ring but am still waiting for a reply that was 2009!!! In the meantime I decided to go the local tackle shop and got one that sort of matches (as long as it does the job I dont care what it looks like ).At the rate it is going I think the repair will be still going strong when I eventually hear from them . I have contacted Korum on a few occasions and yet to receive a reply so I am not exactly enthused with their customer service or relations for that matter.

guest61

Reaction score
Look up this guy on ebay neil400mmlense I bought a new tip ring for a Drennan twin top rod - he was helpful, quick and cheap.

If you don't want to use ebay you can probably phone him.

Mark

B

Berty

nice rods with s&&t rings..........usual today.

Other inners will fall out on them,