Need a good rod builder/restorer

tigernut

Reaction score
I have two carp rods that are in my opinion rung wrongly, all the guides are in good shape as are the blanks, all I require is the rods stripped and then re whipped with possibly a 50mm butt ring and then the other guides put on correctly.
The problem is I cannot find a quality rod builder in the Sheffield area, does anyone know of one in this area ?

flightliner

Reaction score
Tigernut, years ago Sheffield rod builder Pete evans had a workshop opposite john lewis in the town centre. Pete now lives in Spain guiding for cats.
He worked with another rod builder who, as far as I know is still in the area.
He once did a rod for me, cracking job too. I,ll look on my fone as I may still have a mob number , old and maybe out of date but maybe worth a try.
I,ll pm it asap if I can find it.

You have a pm!.

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score
It’s not in Sheffield but not a million miles away …

Open Water Angling Centre
50 Mansfield Rd
Clipstone
Mansfield NG21 9EQ
Tel: 01623 627422

B

binka

It’s not in Sheffield but not a million miles away …

Open Water Angling Centre
50 Mansfield Rd
Clipstone
Mansfield NG21 9EQ
Tel: 01623 627422

I know this chap, he's just up the road from me and he does a good job from what I've seen in the shop.

It's Kev you need to ask for.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
From experience I've found most tackle shops have access to, or know of someone who might help you. The problem is workmanship is not always up to the standard one might expect and if re ringing a rod to a different pattern you really need someone who knows his stuff.
Replacing a single ring is one thing, making a major design change something quite different.

It's obvious, but personal recommendation definitely best.........................