Blank supplier wanted

GeordieDick

Reaction score
Hi there. My 1st time on the forum...I'm keen to build my own 14/15ft float rod but so far have been unable to find someone who supplies blanks for that kind of rod.Any help with companies or individuals would be appreciated.

GeordieDick

Reaction score
Thanks Sam.
Still getting used to navigating the Forum site...Harrisons Blanks a bit beyond my means to be honest.Looks like I'll be goibg back to Argos if I can't scource cheaper...However,Richmond A.A looks very inviting for a Tyne angler who has extremely limited access to his home river..Will be looking to join this year if it promises the sort of fishing I'm seeking..Thanks for the info..

sam vimes

Reaction score
on a tight budget, you may be better served looking for an old rod to strip and rebuild. Doing things that way is likely to get you a better blank for your money. There's also a chance that you could buy an old rod built on that Harrison blank for a fraction of the price of a new blank alone. I've also read many suggestions that a novice rod builder is often best served buying something really cheap for their first effort, even if there's little intention of using it.

With regards to the club, give me a shout if you go for it. There's very little of our water below Richmond that I'm not familiar with.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
the original 13' Harrison gti rods with the sliding reel fittings usually go for around £45-50 second hand around here, there are two Harrison float rods in the for sale section of the Angling Times this week for £45 the pair, this should give you some idea of a price for a 2nd hand Harrison blank, I know they are shorter than what you are looking for but the price wont differ much in my opinion, Hope this helps .

GeordieDick

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone.Good advice, well taken..Typically, I'm looking to run before I can walk..So I'll scource a good 2nd hand rod and re-build using to vids on YouTube.Should fill in the dark evenings for a while.