Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cork repair?

Default Re: Cork repair?

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    I tried the grated cork in copydex glue and it was a failure. I bought some of the Roddancer cork pit paste as recommended in this thread and having ordered it yesterday it arrived today! Well it works a treat! I have just sanded the handle and you can hardly see the infill!
    Did you get it from Guides n Blanks?

I got it from Meadow Fishery Ltd on eBay for £6.65 plus postage! This may be the same company!

I got it from Meadow Fishery Ltd on eBay for £6.65 plus postage! This may be the same company!
    I don't think it is the same company, but I'll be damned if I can find any hint of the product, or the seller, on ebay.

Neither do I now!! Heres a link Sam!

Meadow Fishery Website Roddancer Rod Varnish

Here's a better one!!!!

Meadow Fishery Website Roddancer Pit Paste

Glad you got sorted with the Rod Dancer product Nottskev FYI David Norwich is a very highly respected rod developer, blank maker and rod builder who has now retired but does still sell components etc via ebay and his website. Maybe when you said you "drew a blank" you were making a pun? His rod ranges- from split cane through to multi modulus carbon - were the epitome of a true UK cottage industry and highly thought of in the game angling trade

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    I don't think it is the same company, but I'll be damned if I can find any hint of the product, or the seller, on ebay.
    RodDancer Pit Paste - Other Rod Treatments, Sealers & fillers etc - Rod Varnish, Epoxy & Glues

Use Araldite epoxy or Super Epoxy (the one with the red car on the packaging) mixed with cork sawdust and it will stick a treat and sand down nicely afterwards. Been using it as cork filler for donkey’s years.

Neither do I now!! Heres a link Sam!

Meadow Fishery Website Roddancer Rod Varnish

Here's a better one!!!!

Meadow Fishery Website Roddancer Pit Paste
    I get most of my fly-tying stuff from John Percival at Meadow Fishery, Mickle Trafford. Really nice bloke and very obliging. Not seen that Pit Paste stuff before though.

I hadn't until it was recommended on here! It works not that any of my rods need it! An old amorphous whisker I recently bought in super condition had two small nicks in the handle and this stuff has made them perfect again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12