Bass in Norfolk

• Thread starter mark williams 4
  • Start date
M

mark williams 4

My obession with catching sea fish, bass especially, on fly is now a disease, and I have a notion to get to the Norfolk coast after work and do some fluff flinging.

The problem is, I don't know where to fish! Can anyone out there give some ideas of places where bass come close enough to the shore to catch one on fly?

So far the North Norfolk creeks have been suggested, but has anyone any other intelligence? What about Southwold where the Blyth goes to sea?

chub angler

Reaction score
Groynes at Sheringham? I believe, as the tide covers them. Havn't checked them out yet.

& that wide angled lens doesn't flatter your nose.

Havn't seen you for a long while Mark, although the wife says you've been round!

Interested in some Wash toping? No one I speak to seems to want to know, they all want me to take them barbelling up the Trent.

My cockle & prawn man on Wisbeach market tells me huge bags of tope come out & the eider ducks havn't developed a taste for them yet either.

Greetings from Rutland.

M

mark williams 4

The only thing that would flatter my nose would be a paper bag over the head.

I'm up for toping, but I don't fish with strange men who talk loosely about groynes. Your profile seems to indicate that you are, in fact, a small black dog that has mastered the computer.

So reveal your identity, Pimpernell!

The last tope I caught (which was, in fact, only the second I have ever caught) was off Weymouth the day of the solar eclipse, on a 2lb TC carp rod and 30lb braid. It weighed about 25lb.