Morespiders

Reaction score
Russel, My mate's swear by stamping your feet and shouting as loud as you can,

Dont seem to catch any fish though.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Fraid so Russell,

Sorry couldn't resist it mate/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

sure someone will come up with something more sensible.

Russell Welsh

Reaction score
thats alright i would of looked a bit strange jumpping up and shouting would of been funny

alan

Reaction score
eat them, lots of meat in the legs. meant to be very tasty.

theres nothing you can do to stop them eating your bait, when they swarm in they are everywhere.

use a wire trace for your hook length it stops them cutting through it. for bait try crab, squid or cuttle, it wont stop them but the tuffer flesh slows them down.

if you find any small spiders/or peelers, use them as bait, the smutts love them.

depending where you are and how big a swarm you get the best thing you can do is fish else where. at gosport and other areas in the solent they get so bad the fish stand no chance of finding your bait. went fishing last year, and there where thousands of washed up shells on the beach from where they had just peeled. we left and fished else where.

Russell Welsh

Reaction score
bloody hell thats alot of spider crabs. think i might try the wire for my hook lengh but would it work on cliped down rigs or would u have to leave them flapping

alan

Reaction score
spiders are getting to be a major pain, ive even reeled in half a pout with the spider attached still eating. they also eat fish eggs and fry.

use the wire trace the way you would do normally, flapper or clipped up/down.

try it, it will stop you losing hooks and rerigging every cast but wont stop the bait going missing.

other then recasting every 5/10 mins, moving will be your only other option.

Russell Welsh

Reaction score
i normanly cast about every half hour but some times i still have the bait i find when it gets to a certain time they pick the hooks clean. how would u tie the wire on to the swivel and hook

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Russel I know it sounds strange but when I fished at Imuden in holland I used to fish with carp anglers pop ups, there are now loads on the market that are marine flavoured and if you glug them prior to casting out they leak a decent smell trail. It means that the baits are further away from the crabs and whilst it doesnt completely stop them it does get your bait up and out of the way and give the fish a chance. BTW my best fish on monster crab pop up was a dog fish just shorter than my arm.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
used to be called a three hook flapper when I fished. Or if you mean the name of the boilies just have a look in your local tackle shop and buy the cheapest pop up boilies as long as they are fish/crab/squid flavoured it wont matter.

Reaction score
good advice trev or try the bit marine halibut pellets string of 22mm should be good had mackeral on 6mm pellets before

Ryan

Reaction score
you could always try for the mullets in the harbour or spin for bass , go along by the black house (mudeford) and walk from hengitsbury round to the end near the run take a few and some bullet weights should be fun for mullets try a small spinners tipped with rag

Ryan

Russell Welsh

Reaction score
cool at least u can take the pellets to use another day nothing worse then keep wasting bait

Russell Welsh

Reaction score
only have a beach caster dont think i would be good for spinning lol but always wanted to give spinning ago