shakespeare beta rod

wrighty64

Reaction score
evening
Do any of you have any experience of this rod im not looking to spend a shed load so any suggestions of alternatives would also be appreciated

cheers

wrighty64

Reaction score
thanks thats my thinking too ive a 10ft float rod of theirs and it must be 20 yrs old n still going strong

ribblemeister

Reaction score
If it's a Shakespeare then it will be a good rod for the money.
In my opinion Shakespeare are an excellent rod making company and vastly underrated.
Had lots of Shakespeare rods and never been disappointed yet.

u_beaut1

Reaction score
If it's a Shakespeare then it will be a good rod for the money.
In my opinion Shakespeare are an excellent rod making company and vastly underrated.
Had lots of Shakespeare rods and never been disappointed yet.
I'll second that
Just got a pair of Ugly Stik Elite 10ft spin rods and they are super strong (straight snapped 8lb line through them, even my flash carp rods couldn't manage that) yet with a very sensitive, delicate action. I use them as a small river rod for general coarse fishing and they are perfect, soft enough to handle (and enjoy) catching big silvers, yet easily powerful enough to tame big barbel and carp
well made up as they were only 50 quid each, and easily better than a lot of the cheap avon rods about, none of which really took my fancy

Specihunter

Reaction score
I would save a bit more and go for the shakey salt or aglity far better and not much more then the beta.