Villeneuve Loubet

mikench

Reaction score

Just one small rascasse for my efforts and it slipped the hook in the surf! I missed a few bites because I was asleep:) the beach was deserted

mikench

Reaction score
My thoughts entirely! It was lovely just sat in the sun. In 2 months that beach which is about 3 miles long will be packed!:)

john step

Reaction score
I see you have 17c in the sun. Hard life I guess:D:w

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Mike,

4 or 5 years ago, we were staying in Nice, and used to use Cagnes-sur-mer beach - just along from you. The fishing was ordinary- mostly tiny bream like stuff which you could easily see if you went snorkelling. But one day, while watching my younger daughter reading a book on an inflatable about 20ft from the shore, there was a massive fish strike just behind her as a fish chased something right up to the pebbles (think perch but with a 3 foot high plume of water). I guessed it was a tuna or something similar - what sort of fish down there would do this?

mikench

Reaction score
Hi Hugh! It could have been a tuna, barracuda or even a Bass. The shore fishing from Nice to Antibes is poor and I regularly blank! However the sunshine and just being there makes up for it. There are plenty of grey and red mullet but they are difficult to catch on a rod and line. Boat fishing in deeper water is better but I confine myself to beachcasting and spinning from rocks near Villefranche and the Porquerolles!

I am tempted to try course fishing . Le lac de St Cassien is not far away offering good carp, pike and silver fish Angling!