Taking up shore fishing again...

John Keane

Reaction score
After an absence of 7 years, which saw the sale of all my tackle due to critical illness, I have gradually got back into coarse, game and, finally, sea fishing again.

I’ve been busy on eBay and bought a Daiwa Wilderness 13ft 4 piece beachcaster (I owned one before and LOVED it) which are as rare as rocking horse sh!t now. A Daiwa Slosh20 multiplier is on the way (battered, but that’s just character/patina where I’m concerned).

This is not a distance casting combo but it will pull the nuts off a rhino and should do me nicely for rock marks on Anglesey and fishing in the Mersey.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After an absence of 7 years, which saw the sale of all my tackle due to critical illness, I have gradually got back into coarse, game and, finally, sea fishing again.

I’ve been busy on eBay and bought a Daiwa Wilderness 13ft 4 piece beachcaster (I owned one before and LOVED it) which are as rare as rocking horse sh!t now. A Daiwa Slosh20 multiplier is on the way (battered, but that’s just character/patina where I’m concerned).

This is not a distance casting combo but it will pull the nuts off a rhino and should do me nicely for rock marks on Anglesey and fishing in the Mersey.

I lived out in the sticks on Anglesey for a few years and did a fair bit of beach casting. I used to dig my own bait, and fish for bass on an incoming tide in the spring months...it was great!
I still have my gear even though the only time i've used it since moving back to Lancashire was off the wall over the water.
I used to trot a rubber raglu held back under a bubble float and had trout as well as bass. I have a small multipler that I used for that.

Keith M

Reaction score
I bought myself a couple of Greys 13ft beach casting rods and a couple of Penn Surfblaster fixed spool reels a few years ago; to keep at our holiday static; but I’ve yet to catch anything at all yet; and I have tried several times.

I have a smaller 11ft Bass rod and multiplier which I bought off of a mate back in the 70’s; which I might fare better with further down the coast along the estuary; but Ive yet to try it yet.

Keith

Last edited:

bullet

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a Slosh, imo, fantastic reels for the money and virtually bomb proof.
The AK 47 of fishing gear!