Norway

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
Hi just in case something happened to this post the last time I'm going to post it again.
I would like to give partly disabled anglers a chance to come out to Norway with me boat fishing if you could manage to get on a boat with some help I would prefer to take anglers that have never been to Norway before.The fishing will be mixed with Cod,Haddock,Ling Coalfish,Pollack,and always a good chance of a Halibut.
The holiday is booked and I would like to take two or three guy's with me and I would be paying a large portion of the holiday myself .
This holiday is in Mid Norway so you are not going to catch the huge fish you get further north but you can expect some double figure cod and some very big ling some good haddock and of course some great fighting Colafish.
If you think you would like to go and you can manage to get on a boat with help send me a private message.
There is always the option to shore fish if you prefer as there are a few good marks right in front of the accomodation.
Tight Lines.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
A sensible and commendable offer and now properly posted. I hope some lucky souls can take full advantage and enjoy the fishing, hospitality and beauty of Norway! Good luck!:)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
More info please.
Date of holiday
Duration of holiday
Partial cost
Departure point

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would encourage any angler who has the opportunity to visit Norway.

It is a stunningly beaufiful country with lovely people, great cuisine, interesing culture and a long history, and the fishing can be second to none.

I was fortunate enough to have lived and worked in Norway for 15 years and caught some terrific coarse, game and sea fish in that time.

. . . . . godt fiske

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
Hi the holiday is booked from the 2nd Of October until the 16th so you have two weeks get your fish to come home with.
This is what I thought to do regarding price the holiday has cost me roughly about £2200 so if I get two people to go I would ask the guy's to pay for their own flights and £100 per week so I think this is fair that you are getting two weeks holiday with accomodation in a Apartment,Boat and transfers,all you would have to pay is your fuel in the boat for the two weeks.
You would be flying to Trondheim and flights are a good price at the moment but the sooner you get your flights the better price your going to get .

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
I would encourage any angler who has the opportunity to visit Norway.

It is a stunningly beaufiful country with lovely people, great cuisine, interesing culture and a long history, and the fishing can be second to none.

I was fortunate enough to have lived and worked in Norway for 15 years and caught some terrific coarse, game and sea fish in that time.

. . . . . godt fiske

Thanks a lot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you

What do you consider “partly disabled” ?

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
I would consider partly disabled to be able to get on a boat with some help and are able to fish from the boat.There would be help also to land fish if needed.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Well done to you Boatfisher,there are still decent people out there,I hope you get some guys to accompany you,I nearly missed this thread even then,doh...

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I've just returned from a cruise holiday in Norway. Alesund was our most northern point which is around 300km south of Trondheim. A truly stunning country in every respect.

No fishing for me but we travelled through a lot of very fishable areas both sea and game.

I think it would be prudent of you to be prepared to include quite detailed information of the local transfer and travel arrangements for your potential companions. Outside of the areas of main population, the road systems are, of necessity, interesting! We travelled by cruise liner, coach, minibus and several different sizes of boats to reach our various points of interest.

We met a number of people with a variety of levels of mobility and all were catered for brilliantly in all the areas we visited. However, speaking with a couple at dinner, both of whom had mobility issues, they had to pre-advise their mobility issues prior to booking. Also the cost of their individual travel insurance was certainly a bone of contention as it was heavily influenced by the terrain, competence and authority of the level of support available.

But having gone through all those hoops, they were having a superb trip and had nothing but praise for the support on offer.

As an aside, some people, particularly fairly young, fit and fully able, seem to think travel insurance is a waste of time and money! We had experience of a fellow traveller having to be helicoptered off our cruise liner back to Norway and then back to the UK. God knows what the cost will be but their insurance will cover it! :eek:mg:

Edit: Would the fishing element of the trip be via a Registered Tourist Fishing Company? If not, then travel insurance may not be available or at best incredibly expensive.

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
As an EEA country Norway allows EHIC rules for emergency treatment for citizens of all EU countries . . . . the same goes for other EEA members such as; Switzerland, Liechenstein and Iceland.

However, Neil is right inasmuch as the EHIC card does NOT cover any costs for repatriation or rescue neither does it cover any planned treatment or indeed any private medical care . . . .

Health care overseas is a minefield so it is far better to take the best insurances that you can afford . . . .