Lifesavers

steve taylor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on buoyancy aids (as used by windsurfers & yachtsmen etc) All of the lifejackets advertised in the angling press seem to be a bit on the pricey side. I know you can't put a price on your life, but I am sure there are more reasonaly priced alternatives to ?100 - ?150 lifejackets.
In particular I would be interested in anything useful for surf fishing when using chest waders.

R

Ross Turner

Have a look in www.sportsfish.co.uk or fishtec.co.uk they have a life jacket called wavehopper about ?50 that has bouyancey upto 150kns. or any of the trout fishing magazines.

D

Dave O'L

Did not Gary Knowles (I think) review a green automatic lifejacket for ?50 on this site a couple of months ago?

I got a red jacket a couple of years ago, for ?50 from that company that advertise on the back of Sea Angler.

I did think about a boyancy aid but the prices were not much better.
Considering that when we fall in we don't usually mean to, & may well be heavily clothed with tackle in our pockets or even 'god forbid', a bag on our backs, I thought a lifejacket sounded a better bet.