Seaford Beach Sussex

Mr Raffles

Reaction score
Hi ya

My lady wants to do some summer sum bathing on the beach. We had a day down on Seaford Beach at the weekend aand i saw some lads chucking a line or two.

I am a freshwaterangler, but if it gets me doing some extra fishing & keeps the lady happy well why not.

What would i be likely to catch off Seaford Beach and what sort of basic gear would i need.

Dont spose why 2.75 t/c old carp rods and 6000 shimarnos would do would they.

Any help appriciated.

Cheers Mike

P

Phillips Jerry

Eels and Flounders on crab baits, bonus bass if your lucky and take some mackerel feathers as they do shoal of Seaford beach . Your rod and reel okay ,but get some grip leads .

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
You can use your Carp gear and with the lighter line and smaller hooks (generally) you could possiby get away with some 3 oz square pears or even some normal leads, that will roll around and find a depression in the sea bed. You could even get away with hair rigged big pellets too.

If the tide is too strong then you will have to get some grip leads, just be carefull you dont try a full on pendulum type cast with a 2.75 rod or you will crack off.

When you get your kit back home give it a good wash in soapy water and spray your reel with some wd40 as the salt will damage it.