lead moulds

A

Andy Wiles

Guys,
do you know anyone who makes the actual moulds that sea leads are cast from.
I need to try to get hold of a mould which does 5 oz ball leads,

cheers

andy

K

Kieran Hanrahan

I make sea lead moulds (from the wee used battered lead clips that are used to balance tyres on cars, readily available for free at all tyre centres) but I can not find anyone who offers round moulds, much as I have tried to find them. The best I can offer you is a crew called Adjusti-Mould based somewhere in England - you might be able to trace them through the patent number: 1603829... FWIW...

Kieran

F

Forrest Loy

There is a company in the states that makes the molds that you are looking for--- their web site is: www.do-it molds.com hope this will help. Regards

P

Peter Murray

There is a guy here who moulds leads for local shops, are you wanting pierced bullets or eyed. I can contact him for info, if it would help. I suspect he makes his own moulds, Peter.

Richard Hey

Reaction score
Hi I make and sell top quality flying C lures, I have been selling them on e bay for the last five years I build 10, 15, 18, 21,28 gram lures . I only use top quality hooks VMC or Eagle Claw, The stainless shafts that i use are .039 high tensile. I also make them to customers specifications. Please feel free to look at my EBay feedback.

Richard Hey

Reaction score
Hi I make and sell top quality flying C lures, I have been selling them on e bay for the last five years I build 10, 15, 18, 21,28 gram lures . I only use top quality hooks VMC or Eagle Claw, The stainless shafts that i use are .039 high tensile. I also make them to customers specifications. Please feel free to look at my EBay feedback. ralliart2503hm466@aol.com

Bob Paulley

Reaction score
You could make your own mould. It requires a 29.62mm radius spherical mould. Actually, you can buy a 60mmexpanded polystyrene ball from your local craft shop for a few pence.

Embed it in plaster of paris, then cut through the block, at the median line. Discard the polystyrene.

Use a countersink awl to drill a convenient filling funnel and score a recess, to take the wire loop, in the mould joint.

Of course, you could always buy one from Veals or a similar tackle outlet..........

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Richie 2

Reaction score
you can source weight moulds of various types and sizes on ebay