Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

can anyone please recommend some decent places to fish around the bournemouth / poole area. I am going to try sea fishing this year and any other advice on bait, tactics etc.. would be great

close enough? try this link and zoom in to the lighthouse area on the right.
    failing that chesil beach isnt too far from poole....

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c....x=13&out.y=13

Thanks jonathan i can see that being useful for loads of other stuff aswell

Vaughan Clarke Guest

Russ
    Hengistbury head close to Christchurch Harbour well worth a visit excellent Bass fishing during warmer months and Sole in Sept a nice Shingle and Sand beach normal Beach gear 3-5 oz lead with either a running rig or 2 hook flapper no need to cast geat distances and you can float/spin/plug from the groyne Rag/lug/mackeral/squid all seem to work well. Ive had Bass to 9lb and Sole 2lb plenty of other silver fish as well as Wrasse.

Cheers Vaughan I'll definitely give that a go. Hengistbury head is only about 15 mins away.

What kind of fish can i expect this time of year?.

Vaughan Clarke Guest

Everything is a bit flat at the moment all along the south coast. Flounder are still around though they are moving out to deeper water. Pout/whiting still around though small and few Dog fish, Plaice will start moving in towards March/April though May will start to see an improvement with summer species start to arrive, thats me wishing my life away for some warm weather :-)). I dont live there by the way just enjoy the fishing (I'm a Pompey Lad)

Dave O'L Guest

Yo Russ, I'll let you into a secret try the following
    www.phantomfisher.com
    If I can slip away from the family I may see you on the beaches????

Brilliant! thanks fellas.

Dave take them with you, you get to go more. (a nice day out at the sea side?)

Dave O'L Guest

Have I tried Russ.
    Last time it happened I'd just got the bait in the water when a mere splash of rain hit us - guess what?

Well they are 16 months & 31/2?
    I live in hope.