structure

P

p jackson

good news for boat fishing of the flyde coast with the proposal of wind turbines acouple of mile offshore man made structures act as good fish holding areas

R

Rob Brownfield

Good....and we should be making artificial reefs with car tires etc. They have done it in the states to great effect!!

C

Chris Bishop

They'reb going one better than that in Devon mate - a bunch of divers have bought an old warship and they're going to tow it out to sea and sink it to create an artificial wreck.

R

Rob Brownfield

Chris, Bloody hell...nice one. I bet it will be out of bounds for anglers though. Cant really have line festooning a wreck if the guys are diving it.

Maybe we should buy loads of scrapped cars and drop them off a boat and start our own wrecks, after all, if the govenment can dump uranium tipped shells off the Scottish coast, I dont see a problem with a few old cars....lol

C

Chris Bishop

Loads of scrapped cars in the Fen drains mate - doesn't seem to do much for the fishing though.

R

Rob Brownfield

Chris, I remember there being the same in the pits I used to fish in Essex. Trouble was, there were often bodies in the boot!...lol

C

Chris Bishop

It gets a bit scary sometimes. Last year I pulled in a car seat (Cut off Channel, mackerel tail...) and half the back bumper off an Austin Montego (Middle Level, eel section...).

Don't know if the rest is still down there.

Some chap from March was in the Forty Foot two years before they found the car with him still in it. Scary - I fished that bit.

R

Rob Brownfield

Once was fishing in Hooks Marsh near Waltham Abbey and had had a couple of pike to livebaits when all of a suddun, tow police cars and a police van turn up. Two divers appeared and went into the water in my swim. Ten minutes later ther surfaced with a canvas bag. In the bag was a head!!!! Is that classed as groundbaiting for pike?..lol...took me ages to cart that bag to the swim without spilling any blood!...

D

Dan Silverwood

if you make a reef with car tyres should you remove the car first, mine will be found off the end of Felixstowe pier if it fails the MOT again!!!!

PLUG: www.leader-lines.co.uk