OUT OF ESSEX

Jeff Butler 2

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I have got the urge to get out fishing this coming weekend and wondered how it is fishing from the East Coast...?

SOUTHEND PIER?
BOATS OUT OF ESSEX MARINA?
OR BOATS OUT OF BRADWELL MARINA?

What's the news???

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Hello jeff
I live in southend.Have you seen any match reports from this area recently ? So poor. How can people realy spend thier precious free time after such poor pickings. I used to have a trawler for private use but sold it about eight years ago.
I would still go sea fishing but i would travel to the south coast somewhere.
Good luck.

Jeff Butler 2

Reaction score
Malcolm,

I know it's never been a cracker of a spot and am aware of the decline in fish stocks along the whole East coast... It's a shame, I only need cast my mind back 13 to 14 years ago when I first started fishing the pier. You might not have had a lot of big fish but you would NEVER blank... Now, it can happen any time... I remember days of Plaice over 2lbs with my best from the stem being 2lb 10oz's, just a distant memory now not likely to be relived...
Jeff

Malcolm Brown

Reaction score
Hello Jeff
Don`t mean to run the place down but like you i remember fondly days of catching good fish with my dad and friends and now through no fault of our own the fish stocks are so low, i even feel guilty if i order cod and chips !
Some good news from last year fishing from my friends dads boat out of desperation after several blank hours we put on double whole squid baits and promptly caught two largish bass 5lb plus and a thornback, also had several school bass the year before from the river crouch and it`s back-waters and they were within inches of the edge on the incomming tide, red indian style hands and knees freeling whole ragworm.
malcolm

ian hewett

Reaction score
That Bass was at least seven pounds Malc I should know I caught it!!!.

Alan Browne

Reaction score
Guys, it's not just the East Coast, it's the same everywhere. Two of us fished Blue Anchor on Bristol Channel, Sunday, Just one tiny Pout and a few knocks to show for it!
Alan