No Fishing From Airplanes!

R

Ron Clay

Graham, Do you have any idea what the EU rules on angling are?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Not yet Ron, not in full, but I'll find out and put them online.

Incidentally, you've posted in the 'sea fishing' category. The drop-down box where you select the category defaults to 'sea', so if you don't choose one of the others ('general' in this case) 'sea' is what you get!

David Preston

Reaction score
If there is a regulation about fishing from moving vehicles, where does that leave trolling?

C

Chris Bishop

They could get a job making up stupid rules over here.

J

Jon Doran

Did this all start with the no blowing up cows thing? Austrian farmers were too tight to pay the army to airlift cow cadavers off high pastures, so they took to blowing them to pieces with dynamite instead. Logical really. Anyway, some local politician found some meaty cow chunks lying around and get the practice banned...

... or maybe that was another nutty Austrian story. At any rate, as a very occasional angler, I applaud the decision to stop all this angling from planes. It's hardly sporting.

S

Stewart Bloor

I think it's highly unfair banning angling from planes...for the last three years I've been saving up for a Microlight to give me the edge on the lower Severn. I figured if I flew down the middle of the river I could drop my bait exactly where I want to....now what do they go and do? Ban angling from planes...those MEP's have a lot to answer for...

R

Ron Clay

Trolling by the way is not trailing a lure behind a moving boat. It is fishing on the bottom with a weighted deadbait.

I once had a run in with a fishery owner in SA who accused me of "trolling". It took me a while but I did eventually convince him what trolling really was and trailing a bait behind a boat it aint!

S

Stewart Bloor

''I once had a run in with a fishery owner in SA who accused me of "trolling".

...Ron, are you sure you heard him right...maybe he was accusing you of being a troll....hahahahahha.....

J

Jon Doran

Remarkably you guys all seem to use your own faces, most contributors to the OUTDOORSmagic forum are disguised as animals / teabags / Joan Collins etc...

C

Chris Bishop

That's a top idea. We could all be characters out of South Park, Simpsons etc.

J

Jon Doran

I warn you now, it's a slippery slope that ends in a stagnant pool of deceit and obscene foolishness. Take BIKEmagic which now features an obviously ficticious character by the name of Chuck Furstburger, who despite initially pretending to be an American is now passing himself off as a 'French faggot' (sorry Graham).

C

Chris Bishop

Can I ask your interest in this podna..?

Like, are you a mountain bike freak with a secret hankering to slip a few lures in your saddlebags..?

I know people think predator anglers can be a bit blinkered at times but I pride myself on being a man of the world.

J

Jon Doran

I ought to admit that I actually run OUTDOORSmagic - so I'm sort of the Graham Marsden of walking and climbing, but I do use BIKEmagic as well. I wouldn't really class myself as an angler, though I've caught cod in the Baltic using a big metal fish on the end of a clothes line. Tasted good, but probably not in the big bream class of things - remember Maria who's into big bream?

I just felt I should warn you of the dangers of alter ego posting - can get very strange...

C

Chris Bishop

Thanks for clearing that up. The Graham Marsden of walking and climbing, now there's a thought.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'll have you know I've walked to many car park swims and climbed the odd stile.

J

Jon Doran

Graham is highly respected in the climbing world as one of the leading exponents of stile climbing (and style climbing too).

And of course, there's always the legendary Joe Brown, the 'human fly' and an angler as well.