Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ron Clay Guest

Graham, Do you have any idea what the EU rules on angling are?

Not yet Ron, not in full, but I'll find out and put them online.

Incidentally, you've posted in the 'sea fishing' category. The drop-down box where you select the category defaults to 'sea', so if you don't choose one of the others ('general' in this case) 'sea' is what you get!

If there is a regulation about fishing from moving vehicles, where does that leave trolling?

Jon Moores Guest

Well that's an end to trolling for Flying Fish !

Chris Bishop Guest

They could get a job making up stupid rules over here.

Jon Doran Guest

Did this all start with the no blowing up cows thing? Austrian farmers were too tight to pay the army to airlift cow cadavers off high pastures, so they took to blowing them to pieces with dynamite instead. Logical really. Anyway, some local politician found some meaty cow chunks lying around and get the practice banned...

... or maybe that was another nutty Austrian story. At any rate, as a very occasional angler, I applaud the decision to stop all this angling from planes. It's hardly sporting.

Stewart Bloor Guest

I think it's highly unfair banning angling from planes...for the last three years I've been saving up for a Microlight to give me the edge on the lower Severn. I figured if I flew down the middle of the river I could drop my bait exactly where I want to....now what do they go and do? Ban angling from planes...those MEP's have a lot to answer for...

You might even be able to keep up with the current, as well, Sedge.

:-)

Ron Clay Guest

Trolling by the way is not trailing a lure behind a moving boat. It is fishing on the bottom with a weighted deadbait.

I once had a run in with a fishery owner in SA who accused me of "trolling". It took me a while but I did eventually convince him what trolling really was and trailing a bait behind a boat it aint!

Stewart Bloor Guest

''I once had a run in with a fishery owner in SA who accused me of "trolling".

...Ron, are you sure you heard him right...maybe he was accusing you of being a troll....hahahahahha.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast