B'ham city lake tackle robberies

Dave Smith

Reaction score
****Originally Posted by Martin Davies on another forum - for your information***

to all members that fish in the birmingham areas

i know i love a laugh and a joke but this time I'm not joking

last weekend a very good mate was fishing at salford park (near j6 m6)
he was approached by 6 youths and beaten so badly he is now in intensive care
his crime..... fishing and owning tackle that he worked hard for that pure scum belive to be theirs
the local police have admitted this is not an isolated attack and not on the same venue
other venues have included the inner city canal system, edgebaston res.
please, please do not fish these venues in groups of less than 4 adults
these scum will use EXTREME violence and do not care

lets hope they get caught and hung
if nobody bought nicked gear they woulndt steal it DO NOT BUY STOLEN GEAR
ps just got back from hospital and he has only regained feeling below his waist today
will be at least 4 months for him to come home

be warned
i myself am 6'4" ex para and i wouldnt have a go after what i have seen

good luck to you all

martin davis

there's some b*stards about.

Dave

R

Ron Troversial Clay

So what is wrong with the police. Why didn't they call in an armed response unit that would search, seek out and kill.

Or what about the SAS. Good practice for them.

And I suppose that if they do catch this scum, they will have to go to court.

Why not a public scourging and crucifixion?

T

The Monk

the police in this country are good at punishing people but not very good at preventing crime, we had similar problems on a local late, nothing like the above, but we had cars beiong broken into, we took it in turns to sit out at night in a car on the car park, one of the lads caught an offender and basically destroyed his hands with a lump hammer, the guy will never steal again and will remember his crime for the rest of his life

I don`t of course advocate vigilantee groups
even though they do appear to work quite well, its not right of coparse to operate outside the law, mind you tackle theaves and muggers work outside the law, quite successfully too

I dont advocate the use of a rusty saw to take off the arms of muggers and theives once caught, but some countries do find this method effective and it does send a clear message out to potential offenders

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Dave said

"lets hope they get caught and hung"

Some hope. My wife got beaten in a skate board park by a group of youths, Police didn't even get out of their car when they turned up. I am afraid I tracked down te ring leader and exacted my own retribution. Did I feel bad about it, considering I have NEVER been in trouble and probably my worst crime is speeding, which is rare? No, not one bit.

This f....g PC, human rights crap country is really beginning to piss me off.

D

Dave Slater

I hope you gave him a good kicking Stuart. I think you are quite right and, in the same circumsatances, I would do exactly the same. I agree with you about this pc human rights crap. It is about time these people are dealt with.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

They seem more concerned about the human rights of the criminals than they do the victims! And yes I did Dave.......

kevin brooks

Reaction score
A bloody good kicking is all most of the kids of today understand, and i for one am more then willing to dish a few out to some of the gobby little b******s i see these days, they all think they are grown up hard men so treat them like they are and give them a good slap, little sh*ts that most of them are.

Tim Rogers

Reaction score
Same things happen by us,but these so called tough guys dont come on their own theres always 5 or 6 of the spineless bastards in a gang.Get them on their own and they shit themselves.Hang the bastards i say and rid the country of this scum.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
So you lads would have taken on these 6 lads eh? What you really have done if it had been you?

J

jason fisher

well if i was night fishing by my self i would have had a pike syringe full of air and 2 nine inch filleting knives very close for a start but then again i always have them when i'm night fishing by my self.
whether i would actually use them if confronted i don't know, but if you consider my thoughts on there being around 2 billion too many humans then what's one less.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
You've hit the nail on the head Jason. Hopefully you will never have the need to find out if you would use them.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
Ian ,i would have probably got a kicking but i will tell you this, more than one of the b*****ds would think twice about doing it again . pepper spray and four foot sword stick would see to that.

D

Dave Slater

Ian,
I think Stuart used the right approach. Isolate the leader and sort them out. These people are usually not too good by themselves. Personally I wouldn't try taking on 6 of them as I wouldn't have much chance. If I had the opportunity I would try and get some friends to even up the odds and then sort them out. Stuart's solution is probably better though. His mates probably don't think he is so hard now.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The Police can not do anything. They arrest them they go to court they get slapped wrist due to there family problems etc. A shop owner i know was told when there was a spree of shop burgalaries in his area by the police to take the bastards on to the moors with a baseball bat if he caught one.

Its only a idea but maybe we could start a forum listing stolen tackle in diffrent areas. This would help stoop people buying stolen as oppossed to honest second hand gear.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
A petrol can full of water/petrol mix ,a blind fold and being tied to a tree actually makes them mess their pant`s.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
The petrol can method was used on a local motorcycle thief that a friend of mine actually caught in the act of trying to steal his bmw from a locked shed in the garden, he didn`t look so dangerouse crying his eyes out and smelling of sh*t and hasn`t been seen in the area since.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

I have to say that, despite my own actions, I would nearly always chose to "run" or leave a situation, especially if it were a group....or even two of them.

There again, I would not consider that the end of it, especially of I had had something stolen and/or wrecked, or a family or friend hurt (as was my case). Put the odds in your favour.

But being a tad more serious, I know that any form of "vigilante" type society will not work, but do you not think we are getting close to this? I for one am really getting fed up with the way we are letting the general standards of behavoir get out of control.

It dramatically affects school class rooms. This to such an extent that I have put both my children into private school after learning of my daughters class being continually disturbed by "yob culture".

I was lucky in that I went to a Secondary Modern school in times when poor classroom behavoir was unacceptable. As such, even though we were the failed 11+ group, those who wanted to learn could, and I made the most of it. It just seems so much harder now for the children who do go with the correct attitude, and this is probably polarising our society even more. My daughter is no brain box, but she is streets ahead her friends who went to the local state schools. And let me tell you, the teachers there have all come from state schools, and it is NOT a selective school (ie brainy one's only).

Blair is a twat, but he would only get replaced by another twat irrespective of the party!

Simon Firth

Reaction score
All this talk of dishing out retribution is all very well, but perhaps we should start at the beginning so we can try and avoid such problems to start with?

How many of us have walked round a car boot sale and seen tackle at sometimes ridiculously low prices? Do we actually believe all these are people who have packed in fishing and are raising cash? Or is it, in some cases, more likely to be stolen?? The same goes for market stalls and especially pubs.

Many of these criminals are stealing in order to finance drugs habits or simply want the cash; they are rarely interested in fishing thats for sure! If the demand for this stolen tackle is removed then the need to supply it similarly diminished.

alan

Reaction score
my mates car got brokern into last night, as he was looking at it 2 coppers drove past so he called to them and waved them over they looked at him but didnt stop, 15minutes later they went past again, he stood in front of them waving at them, all they did was drive around him. and they wonder why beating around our way are going up.

L

Les Clark

These people are scum, no getting away from it,but this happon`s we are a easy target,if this was in a pub,you ether walk away or have a go,but at 2 a m at a lake or canal with all of your gear,we are at risk,I fish on my own most of the time and I have been aware of this risk for a long time,so far Iv`e been lucky.