Running a club as a business...

S

sash

I think it's already been said by others on other threads Jeff but the 10 articles really are 1st class and a great template to start running a club with.

W

Wolfman Woody

Wow, many thanks indeed. I'm glad someone reads them.

D

Dave Slater

An enjoyable and informative series of articles Jeff. I particularly liked them as they were on a different topic to any other articles I have read.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
A great reference work for any existing or budding angling club officers and committee members. I'm printing the lot out now the series is complete and giving a copy to every committee member of my local club.

W

Wolfman Woody

Hell's bells, I feel a gong on the way from Big Brenda!

Thanks.

C

Chris Bishop

My local club took advice on all this, mainly over fear of litigation etc and decided th best way forward was to stay as a mutual with beefed-up policies RE health and safety, risk assessment etc.

If you become a ltd company, you have to pay coporation tax on the difference between what waters were worth when you bought them vs. what they're worth after improvements, rocketing land/amenity values etc.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will print this series of articles off aswell, and underline putting a levy on members (ammount up to the clubs discression) for work party equipment, details etc. It is an excellent idea, as my club has been struggling for years in this area. It could have been my club that Jeff wrote about. It was spot on. including A.G.M attendances and other matters.

Reaction score
Very good articles Jeff.I am sure a lot of clubs would be in a much better position if they took their blinkers off and joined the real world.I am glad that the club I belong to is a very progressive and forward thinking club who seem to be doing very well at the moment.

J

John Hepworth

I copied all of the articles and past hem on to my club Secretary. The sayings 'head in sand and lead a horse to water'' come to mind. Great articles Jeff, for those who will listen.

J

John Hepworth

My club membership is down almost 50% to what it was about 5 years ago, the thinking is that they will come back, eventually but Unless some dratic measures are taken they wont.