Angling on the Radio Newcastle

J

John Hepworth

Below is the reply to an e-mail i seent to the host of Radio Newcastle's angling programme, Railton Howes. I would appreciate if as many as possible of Fishingmagic users could e-mail to to mentioned people resposible for reducing angling coverage. I spoke to the lad who does the coars section last night who told me that the station has had to find an extra 3.5 hours to give over to ethnic minority broadcasting!!
What then does this say about angling?

Railtons reply:
Hello John, thanks for the e.mail. I have to say I totally agree with you, I reckon that we've been dealt a really bad one this time, I just wonder if we do have an audience at the earlier time, I also know that a lot of none anglers used to tune into the Sunday broadcast. So please, if you can, ask you angling friends and colleagues to write to our managing editor Sarah Drummond or perhaps better than her, Wendy Pilmer who is head of centre here in Newcastle, I reckon the more people who complain, the better the chance that our voice will be heard.

Fingers Crossed eh

Railton

Not sure what the e-mail addresses are for the two people but they will probably be:
first name.surname@bbc.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation,

John H