April Showers

Bernie

Reaction score
Im a total novice at this sport they call fishing, so I'll apologise now (sorry) if what I'm about to ask seems rather dumb....

I'm planning on my first fishing expedition this weekend to my local fishing lake. After being caught in a couple of downpours while out and about this week, I'm aware that I might get another one at the weekend if I'm not careful!

The only umbrella I have is a big red and white striped golfing one. Would an umbrella this colour be seen by fish if i use it and scare them off, or can they not see out of the water that clearly?

Joskin

Reaction score
It all depends on where you are fishing. On the majority of waters that I fish I would not worry to much about the colour of the brolly but the size of it. I personaly do not use a brolly as they are to restrictive, I just wear a good waterproof Jacket, Bib n Brace and a hat.

D

Deck Monkey

Depending on where you are, this saturday is likely to be clear, sunny and about 20 degrees C. Go to hhtp://www.metoffice.com for an accurate (or at least, as acuurate as you're likely to get) 5 day forecast.

I've used a golfing brolly many a time as I am always skint and never get round to buying a proper brolly. They keep you dry but are a faff to fix to your chair (gaffa tape is best) and offer no protection for your gear but compromises are never easy.