Have u ever been ripped off?

Stephen Evans 3

Reaction score
I always hear about people saying how good stuff is but never about how crap other stuff is. Have you ever bought stuff and then dissapointed with it?

Joskin

Reaction score
many times in the past and if there is one thing that i have learnt in fishing it is that you get what you pay for so I tend to stick to top brands now.
I brought 3 top kits for my milo pole from an internet website that I found. When the top kits came i found that they were made up from all sorts of second hand crushed and split sections of various lengths. I managed to make one ropey looking cupping kit from the lot.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Loads of times.

I am loath to mention the bad names in fishing tackle. All I would say is to stick to the tried and trusted names such as Drennan, Shimano, Daiwa, Harrison, Greys etc.

The top names may cost a bit more but in the long term the products from such companies are actually cheaper because they perform better, last longer and in terms of rods and reels have guarantees.

W

Wolfman Woody

Even good manufacturers have been known to throw up the odd lemon, a Monday morning rod or reel etc.

Some are just ill-conceived designs, but they are then short lived. It's impossible in a shop to get the full feel of a rod or a reel or even luggage until you get it out into the field and fully test it. It's the risk factor we all take.