Too much too young.

G

Gerald Fish

An interesting article!
There is nothing better than to sit down fishing with someone in the know.
Unfortunately, with day ticket waters all this costs money. I've seen Trout Day ticket waters offer such services. Joe public given a so called outfit at hire costs (on top of fishing ticket), shown how to cast(but not to fish, what fly to use and why etc)then left to their own devices. Talk about dissolution, especially when other punters are catching all around the water. I have never known a coarse water offer any service for the beginner. When I was a lad, just starting out, it was trial and error orwatching some grown up catch and handle fish etc, especially the use of a disgorger. I remember one incident where a mate of mine (we were only in our early teans at the time) was trying to unhook a half pound jack pike, so careful in not getting his fingers bit, hegot too close to see what he was doing and the jack's tail flip round and gave him a black eye. Good laugh for the rest of use, but the jack probally died by the time it got put back into the water.
I am all for yougsters to start fishing and have helped many with tips or bits of tackle (hooks etc). But they do need expert tuition and on more than onme occaision. Books are good, but personnal and praticle tuition is far better but the costs need to be minimal to the yougster or the beginner.

J

jason fisher

kevin your standard of writing has definitely declined in this article,
I sat down expecting a good laugh or at least a wry smile and instead i find a good deal of stuff that makes good sense.
This is not on i expect a swift return to your past standards of rediculousness promptly.
yours confusedly Jason

K

Kevin Perkins

Jason

Sorry about that, don't know what came over me. Still if you want a real good laugh, wait till you see me in the flesh at Clattercote! If my appearance doesn't make you p*ss yourself, then watching me in action certainly will

Cheers

Kevin