light weight tackle

S

sandie wood

hi...any idea if there is a bag available to carry fold up chair and keep net and landing net in so to make carring lighter..only being a woman i try to keep the weight down as much as possible ..i have all my tackle in a trolley on wheels if this helps you to understand my need more...would be grateful for any feed back..thanks

Pete Austin 3

Reaction score
I BOUGHT A WEIGHSLING\UNHOOKING MAT COMBO WHICH IS GOOD FOR CARRYING CHAIR IN ETC,ALTERNATIVLY BUY A CARRY STRAP FOR YOUR CHAIR AND PUT YOUR NET IN THE FOLDED UP CHAIR

S

Shrek

Sandie, is there no way you can strap the nets and chair onto the trolley too? I've seen it done with bungee cords before now.

Just a thought.

A

Milo

Reaction score
I use the bungee cord method for my trolley. The tackle box (tool box in disguise!) is strapped to the foot plate of the trolley with the landing mat on top with the weigh sling inside. On to the the mat goes the chair(s) and any other bits - banksticks, net handles, and the lot secured with more straps. The only thing to carry is then a rod. This does me for getting it all from the car to the bank without losing it all going over bumps! Far easier than carrying it all.

The chair I use by the way, doesn't fold in the same way as say as deck chair, but collapses to form a tube - the type used popularly for camping.

K

W

Wolfman Woody

Sandie - it may help to know what sort and size of net it is and what type of chair too. There's no way you can make it lighter and adding a bag is more weight, all you can do is make it easier to hold. Chub do a chair bag and a Bedchair bag, but you need to see these to judge whether they would suit your needs.

I have just a landing net and a unhooking mat (Bob James one) that folds up making a bag and takes the net and then that is wedged between the seat of my chair which in turn is carried by a cross rail. Easy peasy.

Only use a keep net with the match fishing gear when I have a trolley and all that.