the common earth worm

M

mel Crighton

I dug over my garden at the weekend and the amount of worms that were present gave me an idea why not try them for bait now I am new to this sport and having seen worms used for sea angling I gave them a try on my local venue and what a day I had 23 Tench and 15 Carp to 9lb now was that a good day or luck..I am going again tomorrow ..still got about 50 worms left

T

The Monk

many anglers have wormerys at the bottom of the garden and most anglers would agree that if they only had one bait to choose it would be the worm

you can use red worms, lob worm tails, junkies (inject them with air or a flavour and pop them up off the bottom) cast them to bubbling tench and carp, use them as floaters, just about every coarse fish will take worm at some time and it doesnt blow (that is if indeed any bait blows)

B

Big Rik

I stalked a very large, wary carp off the surface on air injected lobworms.
I don't think it had seen them presented in that way before, actually I don't think it had seen worms as bait before, except when I was using them.

An absolutely stonking bait, providing you're not on an eel infested venue.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And a good natural river bait (lobworms)I caught my first barbel on them years ago.

J

jon cotton

As Rik says, if it wasn't for eels I'd use wrigglys every time. All fish will eat them, from sticklebacks to pike. I just wish that anguilla would leave them alone. I really don't like eels.

Sorry.

Caught my P.B bream,perch and carp on worms, along with some nice chub, roach and rudd. For perch I can't think of anything better than a big, juicy lobworm, but those eels..... eeurgh!!!

T

The Monk

dont like eels, get a life Jon, lovely fish, full of mystery, an unknown quantity ( a bit like carp used to be 50 years ago) they fight like hell also, I wish I could get the bloody things to take my worms?