Depression

M

michael rouse

A small pit in my area holds a 30lb mirror and a big common carp that sometimes reaches 30lbs.One part of me wants to fish the lake and try for a biggun and the other half doesnt.I dont want to fish it because i feel that if i catch a thirty lb carp in under a year of angling(highly unlikely) then all my hopes and dreams will have gone.I remember this time last year i was tiddler bashing and imagining the moment of landing a carp.

The feelings i got while slowly learning were fantastic.Being taught how to play fish(roach ,rudd,hybrids shotting my float,developing my cast.They were all precious moments and i dont want them to end.

Do any anglers out there feel depressed that they have caught the biggest fish available to them?All those hopes and dreams of "the" big one have gone and now all you are left with are memories??

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I'm depressed Michael no one has replied to my thread as to which chair to purchase.
Seriously Michael with fish growing at the rate they seem to these days there is always the chance of catching a bigger one still. However size isn't the b all and end all for me. I don't carp fish very often but a beautifully proportion common carp would give me as much pleasure as a bucket gutted much larger mirror. I can enjoy a days fishing even if I blank, as for me fishing is more than just catching fish. It is a chance to relax away from the phone and the pressures of work, a chance to sit quitely and reflect and enjoy the beauty of nature around me.

N

Nick Austin 2

"a chance to sit quitely and reflect and enjoy the beauty of nature around me."

on an uncomfortable chair!

There are many species,so
There are many skills to learn.
There are different types of venues.
There are different countries.
And after that, there is still the pleasure of just plain angling, as Richard says!