The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde & Damien

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The questions are these:

1. If Kevin shelled out to self-publish a book on ?The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde & Damien?, would you buy a copy (assuming a reasonable and fair price)?

2. Does anyone think he?s reached his sell-by date?

3. Do we want him to continue with both Alternative Angler and Donald on FM?

My answers are yes, no and yes, but please feel free to differ if that?s how you feel, and don?t hesitate to offer constructive criticism, which will be welcomed by both Kevin and me.

S

Shrek

Resounding YES to all three questions from me too.

Kevin, your articles brighten very dull fridays. Thank you for all the hard work you put into writing them. Long may it continue.

Mind you, do you they let you have word processors in a padded cell..........??

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

yes yes yes

Not sure about the 'Ouse above Beford' write up, there will be riots UK wide!

How is the cell, cosy?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
1. Most definitely, in fact reserve me two copies! (one to read and one for the collection)

2. Not at all. Friday would not be the same without KP's injection of humour.

3. I think it would be a sad, sad day for FM if we ever lost these articles. Kevin, take a rest if needs be, but please come back with more of both AA and DM.

F

Frothey

yes no yes

course you haven't reached your sell by.....only peter spotted that one ;)

J

john conway

yes no yes
I really do enjoy the ‘The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde & Damien’
If you right a book any chance of a few pencil sketches? It would be a great book and I'd buy it. Publish it just before Christmas so we can send them out as Christmas presents to our angling friends who don’t read FishingMagic.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Kevin, Stick with it. (Blimey you're writing under 2 names, I'm writing under..whoops..nearly gave the game away!). I know the feeling about looking for new subjects but my ideas file has over a hundred left (60 published so far).

I always read your stuff on Fridays.

If you fancy a days fishing on the Upper Thames next summer let me know, we'll get an article or two out of it and compare notes.

Looking forward to the next 75, Mark

alan strickland

Reaction score
1. If Kevin shelled out to self-publish a book on ?The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde & Damien?, would you buy a copy (assuming a reasonable and fair price)?
Yes id buy a copy even the episodes already written id like to have in print.

Not a chance cant wait untill next episode

Keep them coming Kevin,without doubt my favourite series of writing on FM.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Go for it Kevin, yes I would buy your book assuming a reasonable and fair price. Please keep the articles coming, they have given me hours of amusement.

W

Wolfman Woody

Would I buy a copy of ?The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde & Damien?, NO!

I'll help fund it if necessary and then I might get a free copy - signed. Anything to stop it going to The Mugger Press where it would end up too bloody expensive and you'd never hear of it again.

W

Wolfman Woody

Oh, and keep the sausage grinder going. I sometiems miss one, but they throw a new and humourous light on a deeply meaningful subject.

M

Mat HIllman

Yes Certainly. Just a thought, have you tried approching the smaller specilist publishers like Little Egret press or Medlars press ?

Certainly not, I log on to FM every friday afternoon looking for something to cheer me up!

Yes Please!

L

Les Clark

Kevin,your the type of angler I can relate to... human, not a smart arsed know it all, keep on writing mate i will also buy a copy as I look forward to reading the adventures of D&D.

J

John Hopton 1

Keep up the good work Kevin and I'll definitely buy a copy of Donald and Damien when it's published.

J

jason fisher

i'd buy one,
i look forward to your articles they always apart from last weeks any way, give me a good laugh.
even this one made me howl when i read the first part.