mullet

O

Oliver Gale

i caught 1 at the end of last summer at weymouth and want to have another go soon,but when do they come in ?,allso any tips out there?.

R

Rob Brownfield

Fish maggots or bread on light float gear. U should see them comming in withing the next month. U can also try a small mepps spinner with a ragworm attached to the hooks. I know it sounds daft, but they love it

M

Martin James

Oliver you should have mullet around in the southwest and south by now. They have appeared on the Fylde coast You can fish as Rob stated but you can also fly fish, Use free lined bread or gentles I feed with liquidised bread and cooked rice. They are wonderful sport Choose an avon rod centre pin reel 6lb line size 10 or 12 hook Check out harbours around jetties and piers also creeks and marsh areas Go and have some fun Cheers Martin

M

Martin James

Oliver you should have mullet around in the southwest and south by now. They have appeared on the Fylde coast You can fish as Rob stated but you can also fly fish, Use free lined bread or gentles I feed with liquidised bread and cooked rice. They are wonderful sport Choose an avon rod centre pin reel 6lb line size 10 or 12 hook Check out harbours around jetties and piers also creeks and marsh areas Go and have some fun Cheers Martin

R

Rob Brownfield

Martin, you and your flyfishing :eek:)
I am going to have to get u up to the north east coast of Scotland and see if u can catch a Cod on the fly...now there is a challenge for u!! :)

M

Martin James

Rob I just mention fly fishing as one of the ways of taking fish which I find most enjoyable.Cheers Martin

O

Oliver Gale

Fly fishing weymouth harbour could be very entertaining,plenty of cars & unsuspecting tourists to be caught!!but i will bear it in mind if im feeling brave enough,all tips greatfully recived though,i cant understand why more people dont fish for mullet as there so sporting,never before have i had 30 yards of line stripped off by a 4.5 lb fish,do they all go like that? & is my 4lb line realy big enough?

R

Rob Brownfield

Martin...I totally agree mate...perhaps we should head down to Kings Weir and give the Barbel a bash on the fly!