Des Taylor

M

mel Crighton

Having read Des's comments in the A.T I am a "scumbag" the reason I am Disabled and that goes to any other disabled person that in Des's opinion is not in a wheelchair because that is the only person that he seems to recognise as being disabled,may i suggest that Des takes up reading and gets his brain in gear reasding this,
Meaning of "disability" and "disabled person". 1. - (1) Subject to the provisions of Schedule 1, a person has a disability for the purposes of this Act if he has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.

(2) In this Act "disabled person" means a person who has a disability.

Past disabilities. 2. - (1) The provisions of this Part and Parts II and III apply in relation to a person who has had a disability as they apply in relation to a person who has that disability.

then he may understand that there are more than one disability

your comments,

I have wrote to Des Taylor asking for an apology on behalf of all disabled persons that readisory comments.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mel,
sometimes I think Des Taylor says somthing controversial just to get a response. But a man in his position should know whithout being told that there is a limit to what he can put in print. No doubt he will come back with an apology. If he doesn't then write to Richard Lees Editor of Angling Times , but there is a chance he will have seen this thread anyway, and may come in, who knows.

To cover me own Jacksy there are other times when Des Taylor speaks a lot of truth, although I can see it will upset some people. I have not seen the article my self, but sometimes you have to read something three times to make sure you have got hold of the right end of the stick.
Even then it can be a bit iffy.
Good Luck.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mr. Lees,
Will you please forward me an application form for Des Taylors job.

M

mel Crighton

Baz

Forgot to mention i have wrote to Mr Lees
Already so the Jobs done

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I am afraid i have to agree with Des. Before I get a verbal bashing by you all I Have been registered disabled since i was 15. I do not get a reduced rate licence or disability advantages. This is due to me working which at times i find hard. Yet i see alledged disabled people claiming benifits. People have also asked why i dont claim incapacity or didability living allowance. I tell them that i dont need them yet.
So i agee with Des that there are a lot of people conning the system. Which makes it harder for the genuine people.

J

jason fisher

it's like the woman who lived down thestreet from me when i was last living with my parents, she got disability for a heart problem including motability vehicle.
she only used the car for 6 months a year because the other 6 months she was in spain working as a cleaner.

M

mel Crighton

If you read the article he refers to disabled as scumbags if you like to be labled in that was fine by me I have worked volutarily as a carer for disabled children for the past 7 years and seen some of these kids die.

Disabled people deserve to be recognised in all capacities and if you like I can comply a list of all the disabilties that i have seen and whom are elegiable.

they brought out DDA to stop this kind of discrimination and I defend all of whom are discriminated against.

and I get results!

M

mel Crighton

Jason

then why did you not report this to DSS you are no better than her to ignore your duty

J

John Hepworth

What can be said about D.T. that has not already been said before? Over the last few years he has, IMHO, lost any credibility he might have ever had.

As for DISABLED V those claiming benefit in so far as the rod licence is concerned, then that concession is there for those who are unable to earn a living wage. Disabled access and facilities for those of us with a disability has nothing to do with whether a person gets a lower rate rod licence.( or shouldn’t be) I know several anglers who claim this, and concessionary club membership to boot, some who are still working, and are better off financially than some fit working people ever were.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
He says in his article and i qoute.

The scumbags that have been working the system to basically get a cheap licence for nothing more than a sicknote have actually hit the genuine cases in the wallet.

where is he calling the real disabled scumbags.

M

mel Crighton

read between the lines, his attitude is that anyone that can carry a box is not disabled.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mel,
I'm afraid if what the post above says is true (Bryan Baron 2) then I have to agree with him. That is why I said read something three times first. I read it as D.T. haveing a go at the scroungers and not the genuinely disabled people.
I also know people who milk the system but nailing them down to where they are working on the sly is difficult. I also know of people who do not work for really paltry reasons. Especialy when there are people with no legs in wheel chairs who are holding a full time job down.
I must say though, all credit to you for helping those less fortunate than ourselves.
And for taking such a strong stance on it. Otherwise they would be pushed to one side.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
With regard to carrying a seatbox. He says

If you pop around the commercial fisheries in the week you will see some anglers with a disabled sticker that have carried a 50Ib seatbox, caryall and bait to peg.

As i understand the disabled stickers are for people that can not walk far with out help.

J

John Hepworth

There is a guy who pushes his carp gear past my house on a tackle trolly (about the size used by railway staff) almost a mile a couple of times a week who claims diability.
Can't tell me anyone who can do that is unfit for any type of work.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Baz I know what you mean i have a freind who sat on disabilty living allowance appeals panel. People in wheelchairs got this automatically and many just got a job till they were bored then went back on the allowance when they had genuine cases that struggled to recieve the benifit. Where does it say that because you are in a whellchair you cannot work.

J

jason fisher

sorry mel didn't mean to label you anything and sorry if i offended you, i was just saying not all disabled actually are some are just scroungers like she was at the time i was only 18 or 19 so i didn't know much about the dss.

my dad has a disabled sticker, he got it because he cant walk very far, he can't walk very far because he nearly had both feet cut off in an accident at work.
now they don't work too well it took 12 years for the government to give him one though.

M

mel Crighton

Bryan if you are refering to the orange disabled stickers available from Halfords then bigger fool the fishery owner to accept that as proof, Blue Badges have the persons name and photograph on them, i have 2 one for my wife and one for my son, the parking wardens in my area check these as you arrive in car parks for disabled, no match you get a ticket for misuse,when I present my disabled card this is supported by my driving licence which has my photo on it.. identity cards anyone .....Yes Please..

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I think he means the blue badges. I am also all for a I.D card. I use to know a angler with a blue card who could walk 2 miles to fish a beach but insisted he neaded to park on double yellows in town or he would never get out we no longer fish together after i told him he was abusing the system.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
of subject hear but Jason how was your first week hear up north working. I am just of to work now myself.

J

jason fisher

it wen't ok, i'm in sale at the moment at my lodging place, doing days for the next 2 weeks , then on to the shift proper the week after that.
lots of learning to do at the moment.
that's why i'm not posting so much don't like sitting on marks pc all night and don't have access properly at work.