My Own Crabtree

S

Stewart Bloor

Great story, Rich. And also a timely reminder that we all have a role to play, and indeed a responsibility, in passing on the baton to the next generation

P

Paul Williams

Rich,
I was also lucky enough to have one or two insperational guiding lights during my angling formative years, your tale reminded me of them and i smiled as i read it......crabtree style!!
The threats of being throw in if i didn't stop asking questions were i'm sure part of the learning circle!
How many of us nowadays can say we would return the favours we were privalaged too, even in some case's for our own kids, there have been times when my nipper has wanted to come and i have told him not this time son..........thanks for reminding me to make more effort and place less importance on my own sucsess.

R

Richard Drayson

Paul, sorry for the delay in replying, my PC has been re-formatted and I`ve only just got back `on-line`.
Many thanks for your kind comments, I`m glad you enjoyed the article.

R

Richard Drayson

Sedge, thanks for the reply. I don`t have any kids of my own but I tried teaching my nephew to fish after he showed some interest. Unfortunately, he soon becomes bored so I don`t think he`ll stick with it.
Just recently though, my 9 year old niece has asked to go fishing sometime and I look forward to her accompanying me on the river bank.