16 June

M

mel Crighton

With the beginning of the new season not far away, I would like to make a suggestion, put forward by my wife after reading some of your comments.

my proposal is that we all being anglers that love our sport and want to continue to enjoy it, take a little time out to show other country side lovers that we are responsible people, and that we encourage youngsters into the sport, we have seen the big organisation do it, so what about an individual approach, I propose that each and every one of us take a child of secondary school age, (with the parent consent) for a days fishing, we providing all the necessary, whether you are Carp men or River, Still water, or what ever, I am prepared to give up my time and if we make a big enough effort it may just get noticed, and give the name of angling a better airing ..... I would like to hear(sic) your comments.

W

Wolfman Woody

Be careful, be very careful, be very, very careful. Take the parent as well!

Well intentioned I'm sure and I used to take a young kid, very good he was too, but I wouldn't do it now. Not without loads of other grown ups in full sight ALL the time.

MarT

Reaction score
Mel
I can fully understand your enthusiasm, but also see what monkey is saying.

What a sad world it has become!!

M

mel Crighton

Forgot about that thanks Monkey, me being a father, grandad and all that, and why not invite the parent too , it will be them the kid will be ear bashing until the next time, why hit one bird when you canget 2or 3 more on the bank.

lets do it then.

M

mel Crighton

Mart,

It comes to that though, Sad people thinking nothing more than SEX,SEX, SEX,
i can think of better things.

how sordid this world has become, back to Soddom and Gommorah.

J

jason fisher

met em onece gomorrah's a nice bloke but soddom's a pain in the arse

D

Dave Slater

Mel,
Nothing wrong with sex mate. I do think that when it involves kids though it shows what sick bastards there are around. If you do go ahead your idea you may well find that there is not much enthusiasm. Our local chub study group members offered, via Wimborne angling club, to take any junior members or their friends for a day's chub fishing. A date and venue was given. Only one youngster was interested. My friend Simon took him fishing and everybody else went home.

M

mel Crighton

So So Sad, It seems to effect everything these days

J

jason fisher

not waiting for june 16th i'm waiting for a week on friday.

B

Big Rik

I regularly take my two kids (5 & 7) plus my two nephews (11 & 15).
I also used to attend the RMC junior fish-ins, but with my divorce etc, then that had to slide.
I'll certainly be helping out Ian with them in the future though.

M

mel Crighton

I will be taking my 3 grand-sons, and there dads, hoping for a nice day, don't forget the kids/adults licences though if appropriate would not like see a day spoil because of an oversight.