who is catching who and why ?

ferret

Reaction score
Who has better taste us fishermen/women or could the fish have gone from the local cafe to the Ritz, because of the trend that is happening today. Maggots with Paprika,curry, in times goneby those powders were worth more than Gold. Can the fish tell the difference? I dont think so, if you put curry powder into a bag of maggots and shake it all about then does it not get washed off when it hits the water?.

When I started fishing with my grandad in 1964 so I'm told we took a pint of maggots.worms,breadpaste and groundbait and he won nearly all of his machtes & yes he was good. I think that is why I still fish the same way with maggots,breadpaste,breadpunch,pearl-barley and at one time blood&joker dont get me started on that one if blood&joker are in the water and the fish feed on them why is it that they banned it's use? From the smallest fish to the biggest carp all feed on it don`t they? and if not have they told the fish.

Baits should be catching fish not the purse or wallet just think one day you could go fishing and instead of presenting the bait it may be the menu first but still you paying the bill.

To my mind fishing is getting too complicated the fish are the same as when my grandad or my mum went fishing. Roach are roach, bream,perch,barble, and so on or am I missing something.

what do you think all welcome

jim wilding

Reaction score
Havn't bought maggots for 20 years. Worms or a slice of warburtons medium bread. When I learned how to fish bread properly my results went through the roof so I never

went back to a tackle shop for maggots.

Its the amount you are supposed to needthat amazes me ! I could take the wife out for

a meal for less. Met some anglers in Ireland, their bait bill for maggots and casters was

frightening, they were catching a lot of small perch. I got some nice bream/tench on a tin

of cheap supermarket sweetcorn (dosent work on my local canal - mores the pity)