Giant Concrete Cylinderal Bat Box

T

The Monk

any polite suggestions on where to put them? and how to set them up?

T

The Monk

sorry moderater, posted in wrong place, could somebody put this thread in the bait box

(probably bat box would be more appropriate)

A

Ashe Hurst

BAT BOX!

I have conmtacts with BAT Group members & experts, in fact they are friends/colegues of mine.

I was out on a Bat survey only last nite on Crayford Marsh.

give me a Mail & i will give you their contact details.

A

Ashe Hurst

Oh, by the way.

If you set up this Bat Box, it becomes protected by law and can not be disturbed, damaged or removed.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

By the way Monk, Babuschka has just emailed me. There will be several things arriving at your cave prior to her arrival. One is a bat box to hold all her special charges in who originate in Romania, quiter close to Transylvania.

Looks like you have got it.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

PS, do not put it in the direct rays of the sun, make sure there are no mirrors around, destroy any garlic you may have and hide your crucifix.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

No - Eastern Europe.

Transylvania was where Vlad The Impaler held sway.

Be scared, be very scared.

T

The Monk

I had more your common or garden Pipestrelles in mind Ron, not your actual Vampire bats

Many thanks Ashe, email sent

its an hell of a bat box thought never seen anything like it, when I was told someone wanted to give me a bat box, I thought it was going to be one of those little wooden ones they sell in garden centres?

but this thing wouldnt look out of place hung from the CN tower in Toronto

T

The Monk

Just sat down and had an indepth discussion, with the girl friend, about this bat box, the basic conclusion to emerge from the discussion was along the lines of "your not putting that bloody big thing up in this garden"

on reflection I`ve decided to donate it to the local bat group

another short lived erection!

M

mel Crighton

Keep er in door happy she may help with a diffeerent erection.

W

Wolfman Woody

Giant, concrete, cylindrical.

Does this tell you something Monk? It's a bloody sewer pipe. Hahahahaha.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Quick Robin...to the bat box !!

I'll get me coat...

W

Wolfman Woody

If it was that kind of a bat box Richard it would have a label on it saying "Bat Box", all of Bruce Wayne's stuff did.

I still say that someone's tried to flog him a sewer pipe.

T

Terry Comerford

"Is the giant cylindrical object The Monk has in his garden, a bat box OR a sewerage pipe?"

Is the box Tolet or Toilet?

"Has The Monk become a member of the 'Effluent' Society?"
"Tune in next week, same time, same place."

Sorry got to go, Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner...........

T

The Monk

well actually

its quite a well made peice of equiptment really, cylindrical concrete outer shell moulded with a fitted front section (door), with bat shaped hole (entrance at the front, this slotes into the main body and is supported by a stainless steel hinge type bolt. Inside the box are groved bat climbers arranged side by side so that the bats can crawl up them, there is 4 of these inside, with holes at the bottom for the droppings. The whole module is supported by a large galvanised steel loop which fits into to large bolts screwed into the side of the main body

N

Nick Austin 2

"with bat shaped hole"... like the one bruce used to project on the sky above Gotham City?.....

T

The Monk

sorry i`ll rephase that, it has an hole this shape> >-0-<

like bat shaped when its flying