Yes it's a good shop

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

When I lived in Warwick, I would often pop in J&K on my way for a weekend on the Oxon gravel pits. There I would have a chat with old Merv (does he still work there?) or even see Stoney on odd occasions.

I have spent quite a few hundred quid in that shop.

W

Wolfman Woody

I don't believe any of it Ron. There's a fatal flaw in your statement and coming from a Yorkshireman, no - impossible. - "I have spent quite a few hundred quid in that shop." This from a man who uses tea bags six times over!

Hahahahahah! But you make me smile.

Merv does work in there some days, but not a lot now.

J

jason fisher

now this is going to worry you even more, as you know i'm a yorkshireman and they've had a few hundred quid off me too.
everytime i go in i end up buying something.
it is a good shop though well stocked reasonable prices and good service.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

One the one occasion I spent ?265 on a rod and a centrepin reel mate, plus hooks, line, shot, floats and leads!!

Merv will remember.

I've also had a few things mail order.

One thing you must remember about Yorkshiremen Jeff, is that we don't mind spending money, as long as it's on ourselves.... :eek:)

N

Nick Austin 2

Me too, i'd happily drive up from READING to bicester, good shop with a great range of goods!

W

Wolfman Woody

Now Ron, that story is a bit like the tale of the nun who was rescued from the fire at Notre Dame de Paris by Quasimodo when he put her on his hunched back and ran down stairs with her. It was "Virgin On The Ridiculous"

I would imagine Merv would remember well, they probably had to fumigate the shop for moths!
:eek:)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff,

Nice write-up which I enjoyed reading.

What would you say about small town that has TWO tackle shops and an antique tackle dealer all within the same 60 yards of the same side of the road?

I am talking about Ringwood in Hampshire just a stone's throw from the Avon.

D

Dave Slater

Jeff,
As Peter says, a nice write up. I am quite happy with my local shops but I may well have a drive out to Bicester one day in the close season. It will be nice to visit the shop as I know some of the staff there. Paddy/Dave, I hope a cup of tea is available for those of us who have to drive a long way to visit the shop :eek:)

G

Used to live near Bicester, now living in Cornwall. When in the Bicester area, always make for J&K's. Lovely shop, very helpful staff, and you could eat your dinner off the floor it's so clean. I feel like a kid at Christmas when I'm there.
Kevin Tull

W

Wolfman Woody

2 Dave Slaters? But one's Kevin Tull.

The mystery deepens - There's exactly 1000 between their membership numbers. Spooky!

"I feel like a kid at Christmas when I'm there." Me too Kevin.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Jeff that is really spooky!

I recognise the first Dave Slater (7643) so who is the next Dave Slater (8643)???

Peter.J. I have always wondered the same about Ringwood tackle shops!

Y

yoggy

I have used J&K tackle twice.On both occasions I couldn`t fault them. An easy transaction followed by a swift delivery.The bloke on the end of the phone[sorry forgot his name]also seemed to know what he was talking about,which makes a nice change compared to others I`ve delt with.

G

Geoff Cowen

I all ways look forward to a trip to J&K the wife gets to go to the retail park at Bicester and I get to go into J&K and spend some money without any dirty look.