Fishing – First & Foremost!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Makes you wonder whether PETA have really got any chance against this kind of fire power.

S

Stewart Bloor

I think those figures are great, as far as the US are concerned. Only problem, is that this is the UK and a totally different ball game. Look at the issue of gun control for example. What happened in our nation with legislation a couple of yeras ago, would not stand a chance in the US.
If anything, from a PETA point of view, it would make sense to pick off the 'weaker' first ie the UK, before tackling the 'stronger' ie the US.

A

Alan Roe

Then let us all be thankful that Peta have spread themselves thinly over several campaigns.
The one over milk is a good one for us to jump on and hammer them with.
We could do with publisising their views on keeping pets as well.
They took a hammering on radio and TV over the milk issue.
We should do everything in our power to continue to discredit these people for being the fanatics that they are.
By proactivly attacking them they will be kept far too busy and discredited to have any impact on us.
However there is no point venting our spleen on angling sites we have to take the campaign to the wider audience via the local and national press.
We have a chance to really get an anti Peta bandwagon rolling here.

R

Ron Clay

You cannot compare UK, a poor almost 3rd world economy with the mighty USA. For a start they have far more space and natural resources. The standard of living is far higher, taxes are far lower so that there is more disposable income available.

Peta have not a hope in hell of getting anywhere in the USA. This is why they have targetted the UK.

Compare George Bush with Blair.

Blair is a townie through and through. I'll bet he has never held a fishing rod or shot a hunting rifle in his life, and as for that ugly woman who is his wife??

Geopge Bush by comparison is a great outdoorsman. I'll bet Peta were not happy when Bush got in as Presedent!

D

David Will

I do not know why you live in the UK Ron.
On June 7 we all have a chance to make our point at the polls.
I agree with what Ron said re the USA but I would add insular , ignorant , opinionated, extremes of poverty comparable to the third world ,injustice , the worlds major polluter and a quite unhealthy adoration of celebrities.
Low taxes are ok if you are working but they have no health service to speak of and pay enormous amounts in health insurance. Finally they have no Tench and are crap at Cricket.These last two points being the most serious .

S

Stewart Bloor

Ron's searching high and low to find an AWB candidate at the next election...then he's going to move into their constituency just so he can vote for them....hahaha

D

David Will

What have the Average White Band got to do with politics? :)

S

Stewart Bloor

Tut, tut, tut...wait till Ron reads the way you're putting down his favourite party...Just wait for his reply...mind, you won't be able to read it, it'll probably be in Afrikaans...hahahah

S

Stewart Bloor

Hey Dave, have you ever inadvertently fished the wrong stretch of the kennet...on a foggy day.....

A

Andrew Thomas

I reckon the USA beckons for you Ron: right wing Presidents who hunt and fish seem just the ticket. Perhaps they also have acceptably attractive wives, as , no doubt, you yourself also do.

I understand Mr Bush is also pretty keen on the death penalty and other pursuits that have been approved of in the white preserves of southern Africa in the past. Sounds like your sort of place.

S

Stewart Bloor

Ahh...must redress the political balance here...What about (future?) left wing President Two Jabs Prescott...he believes in the death penalty...at least Bush gets the electric chair to do his dirty work...Two Jabs does it with his own hands...
David, the reason I mentioned the kennet bit, is you specifically mentioned tench in your mail. Ah,I thought, so I checked out my tenchfishers mags to find you in the directory of members, and also the aforementioned article...I've got an uncle, by the way in Carpenders Park...

R

Ron Clay

Dear David Will,

I live here at the moment due to business. It is my intention to retire back to SA all being well.

At the moment I live in South Yorkshire. I have never met so many insular self opinionated and ignorant people who live here. Many of them, mostly the out of work give the stock reason why they can't find a job as "pits are closed", or "steelworks" shut down. In Rotherham there are some of the most extremes of poverty I have ever seen.

Injustice?

In the UK they send a man to jail for life for defending his property!! They police are more concerned with petty motoring offences than real crime. Craig Evans will proberbly get charged and sentenced whilst 2 jags get away. Craig was only demonstrating the way country feel about this government. He is a good genuine Welshman who fishes, shoots and hunts and has never taken a penny from the DSS in his life!

2 jags gets nearly ?100k a year for telling lies and making b...s ..ps.

Adoring of celebrities?

Geri Halliwell for a start - I will not say any more.

I can assure you that health insurance rates in the USA are very reasonable. In terms of service, my old friend Tag Barnes was in the USA when he had an heart attack. They sent a helicopter 50 miles to pick him up and get him into surgery.

He received a triple bypass toot sweet. When he flew back home he was given strict instructions on what should happen, which were passed onto the NHS. He had to WAIT SEVERAL DAYS before he could get into a hospital for the necessary follow up work. As a result he died.

The angling world lost a great man.

Yes I beleive in the death penalty for the most henious of crimes. Mcveigh's sentence is too good for him considering the horror he committed.

Most people in Britain think more about the convicted than the victim when a murder takes place.

R

Ron Clay

By the way, this one's for you Sedge.

"O bring my terug na die Pretoria Centraal,
Daar waar ou ET woon,
Daar onder in die kamertjes by die Grootnoordweg,
Daar woon my ou maat ET."

C

Chris Bishop

I alsways think politics is one of the worst things you can end up discussing on the bank.

D

Davy North

Ron,
You will find self opinionated and igonrant people all over the world, if they have a job or not.

This tread is a prime example of way things can get offensive as described on the "Netiquette" postings.

I live in the North East which although not as bad as it once was, still has a high unemployment rate, and is about to be hit again by job cut in the steel industry. These people are not spongers. It is a crying shame to see what unemployment can do to people. I watched my father who had worked all his life from an apprentice in the steel industry in Middlesbrough (except his National Service) physicly destroyed when he lost his job in the 80's, and in his view had to go cap in hand to the DSS. He died a few years later at 49.

Sorry about this posting we're supposed to be talking about fishing, something that takes us all away from the naff side of life what ever politcal persuasion we are. But I had to get it off my chest.

R

Ron Clay

You are right to get it off your chest Davy. The same as I do like to get things off my chest as well.

No more politics now - just fishing