carping in cornwall

A

Andy Bird

can anyone give me some names of waters to try in the plymouth area.thanks
andy bird

K

keith reid

Andy ! I live in Plymouth and though I'm not a "carp angler" per se I do know a few good venues available on a day ticket. Bush Farm Lakes near Hatt(Saltash) (ca 10 miles) is very good , esp. the 2 right in front of the farm. The bigger carp are there. They average doubles but there are 20s too. They respond very well to floaters - though actually hooking them ain't easy. Keeping your line off the water is often important ...ie fish right close in. Despite being quite busy , its often very quiet at night. Flavoured meat etc all score well at night. Daytime or evenings stalking over baited areas close in can be good , often outfishing the hi-tech static approach.

Sundridge Fishery (ca 5 miles)is very small , scenic and pretty easy. One bonus is that it usually has quite clear water . You can often see the fish take!

For a challenge Rackerhayes Fishery at Newton Abbot (30 miles) is a good bet. It has some very large carp and huge tench . It is not a commercial fishery , its a club water.

Hope that at least starts you off. Email me if you've further queries , and tight lines!

A

Andy Bird

thanks for the info keith. any chance of a phone number for bush lakes or sundridge as i will be down there from saturday for 9 days ,based in looe. thanks again andy.

K

keith reid

Andy , the number I have for Bush Lakes is. The owner is Jim Renfree 01752 842148. Tight lines , the weather is warm and the carp should be having it , especially off the surface if you're into that. Also there are large perch there too if you fancy a change. Let me know how you get on!
Sundridge is 01752 880438.

A

Andy Bird

hello keith had a good time down there last week
found bush lakes quite small compered to some of the pits i fish up north,i did fish it though ,had three doubles biggest 16lbs.
thanks again for your help
andy