Help

Tim Rogers

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why i have to sign in every time i enter onto this site.

B

Big Rik

It'll be a password manager/cache issue depending on your version/flavour of operating system and your variety of browser.

What are you?
e.g.
Windows XP and IE6

D

Deck Monkey

Click on the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, and select Options. Clck on the Content tab and then click the Autocomplete... button and then check the 4 boxes at the top of the window. Click OK and OK again on the Options window. Your computer should now ask you if you want it to remember passwords. Say yes and you'll be in business.

B

Big Rik

providing he's running IE under Windows.
Hence my question.

D

Deck Monkey

Chances of an average user running anything but IE on a Win platform: sod all. He might possibly be on a Mac (more fool him if so) but its very unlikely. The only people who use browsers other than IE these days are Linux geeks who are convinced that Bill Gates wants their kidneys and anyone mad enough to have AOL. I know people don't like it a whole lot but IE is in fact a good piece of kit (although full of holes to start with) and Micro$oft aren't the enemy.

Sorry - rant opver. I just get way too many muppets at my work trying to convince me that Windows is the work of Satan. Pretty pointless to try that on me as I am a Windows developer but still they come...

S

Shrek

I use Mozilla sometimes as I find it a darn site quicker to load than IE. Problem is, some sites, like eBay for example, won't run properly on it.

BTW, I'm now a linux geek, just know a few commands that's all.

S

Shrek

That should have read "not a linux geek".

Darn keys keep moving !!!!

jp

Reaction score
I use Netscape, and I'm extrememly average, you lose DM.

D

Deck Monkey

Not really - one user out of billions. Hmmm...

Almost no one uses Netscrape these days as it is just not reliable. I used to use it years ago when it was way better than IE but won't go near it these days. Open source apps are risky as they are too open to abuse.

Tim Rogers

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies, sorry i did not reply earlier ive not been to good with my health.