Adjustable Hair Or Adjustable Knotless Knot

Richard Savage

Reaction score
I have heard of this set up being used, I just cant find how to tie it anywhere. I can see where this rig would be useful, so you could present different sizes of bait, or even different types of bait, to fish that have gotten used to the same bait. You can then present it in a different way, without having to re-tie another rig.
Has anyone got any ideas on this type of rig or on how it can be tied.
Thanks in advance

<?))))><.???`?.R1k?.???`?.?><((((?>

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Richard the only adjustable hair i know of is achieved by tying your hook to the main line then tying a loop in the end of the hair, passing this through a small piece of silicon on the hook shank and tying to the main line same as a slinding stop knot.

Hope this helps

J

John Howard

A method used by Tony Miles when fishing hair rigged castersis as follows. Tie a hook to the line. Above this tie on a length of light line using a sliding knot.slide on to the hook a tight fitting piece of silicon or shrink tube through with the lighter line runs. Casters can then be superglued to the hair. When the bait needs replacing cut off the remains adjust the hair and glue bait back on.

I'm sure that this method could be adapted to bigger baits quite easily

R

Rodney Wrestt

The method described by Bryan and John is the one I've seen used, a light match / pre stretched line used by match anglers gives a hair with a very slim diameter, this can be attached to the main line above the hook using a sliding stop knot and fed through the eye of the hook to come off the back and held against the back of the hook with a couple of centimetres of tubing.

Richard Savage

Reaction score
Cheers for the help, guys. I will try this out, I could also tie a small loop in the attached line to use for different size bait changes.
Regards

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Becarefull that you dont use to heavy a bait on the hair. I found when trying it myself that the hair would slip on the cast. Maybe tying the baited hair to the hook with PVA string would solve this.
I did not have any to try at the time.

Richard Savage

Reaction score
I will bare that in mind Bryan, Thanks again for your help.