A matter of jail and psychiatry

DAN SECOSAN

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Dan F. Secosan, I?m living in Timisoara-Romania and some people from this forum maybe know me, after my few questions about the british-angling, asked for the fishing book that I write.
In spite of my bad english, I want to tell you something about this ?green ideas?.
Mr Marsden have right, speaking with the greens: - ?You really do need to bring your policies into line with reality?.
That?s the point. Those stupid ideas have nothing to do with the reality. Reality meaning here ?human nature?.
It?s exactely the same think in the case of the comunism. The comunist ideas also have nothing to do with the reality of the human nature. In my country (and not only) this stupid ideas have killed people, have destroyed cityes, churches, villages, propertys, lifes.
In your country, alike ideas are coming to kill your nerves. For the moment.

Who are this guys? A few are just fanatics. A few just love political power (and they are guys who'd kill to get power). As for the rest, they are just stupids.

The solution? For the stupids, it not exist. For the other guys, the law, the police and either the psychiatry or the jail.
Maybe you need a law: Have I the right to fishing? Yes, I have. So, in this case, everybody who want to attempt to my right must have 3 choices: an english prison, an romanian prison or an irakian prison.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Good for you Dan.

What sort of fishing do you have in Romania?

DAN SECOSAN

Reaction score
Hi, Ron

Except the salmon, of the same kind as in England.
I like the bream, the crucian and the river fishing.

W

Wolfman Woody

I can't quite remember where I read it, but I believe we anglers have more rights in Statue to go fishing than any other sports have to continue in their practice. I think it might have been in "Angling and the Law". Some date back to before the signing of the Magna Carta.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Yes Jeff, to a ceratain extent you are right about this. Being able to fish with rod and line in those days meant that you were able to feed yourself and others.

Another law encouraged men to learn the art of archery. In addition to being able to hunt an animal for food, it also meant that a skilled archer would be a useful soldier or man at arms.

They even banned football because it was impinging on the time spent practising with the bow.

It might be a good idea to enforce that law today. What a great sight it would be if all the football fields of England were full of men and women learning the noble art of archery rather than screaming their heads off watching a bunch of demented ****brains chasing a bag of wind about!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron, Jeff

Until fairly recently the only sport that was truly allowed on a Sunday was indeed Archery.
In fact, in some Shire Counties it was obligatory on a Sunday, after attendance at church.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Archery is indeed a noble art. I've done a bit of it in my life. It's a lot harder than it looks and I might take it up again when I retire.

I once made a passable long bow in my early teens. It took me weeks of work on a plank of Spanish Yew my father aquired.

I even made arrows with steel tips from dowel rod and turkey feather flights.

Bloody dangerous it was. I put a nasty cut into my left wrist after loosing an arrow once. Blood everywhere.

Archery is an excellent sport for the ladies. It helps them develop their pectoral muscles to a very attractive shape... :eek:)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Unless they get them caught in the string ........

B

Bill Eborn

Dan
I remember very well during the autumn of 1989 being transfixed by TV images of tracer bullets lighting up the sky of Timisoara as the revolution took hold. My heart was with you, although I cannot say I will ever possess the courage it must have taken to stand in that square as the Ceaucescu forces fired into the crowd.

I am sure there is a definite strand of this type of political extremism amongst elements of the British Green Movement. In parts of the UK, the growth in popularity of parties of the extreme right is perhaps even more of a concern.

It is a well documented tragedy that the political process in modern liberal democracies has become so removed from ordinary people that they have disengaged. The result is that we should expect very low turn-outs in the upcoming European elections with gains for extremist parties.

To my mind, there are no quick fixes. The challenge - which is a hell of lot easier to say than do - is for us as Europeans to build on our shared history and culture and rescue our political institutions from the bureaucratic elite. To make them something with real meaning for real people. The alternative is for more disengagement and for our societies to become inward looking, gradually more repressive and stumble blindly into the abyss.

I wonder whether fishing is one area of opportunity. Lets fish together and build the future!

Cheers

Bill

Ps can you put me on some good Romanian Barbel and Chub fishing?

DAN SECOSAN

Reaction score
Hi Bill!

If I well understand, do you want to fish here? Why not? You are welcome. I have french friends who fished here.
Where I fish, are not big barbels, only big chubs, noses (Chondrostoma nasus), roach. But at 50 km at the North of Timisoara there are a big river named Muresh where are big barbels.
If you come, I will try to make better my irakian english.
Write me by e-mail.

Friendly, Dan

B

Bill Eborn

Dan
I would love to come, but sadly not this year. I will email you though and keep in touch that way.

Many thanks

Bill

R

Ron Troversial Clay

How big are the big barbel Dan?

Do you have any photographs of your countryside and waters you could send to FM?

DAN SECOSAN

Reaction score
OK, Bill.

Ron, I'm not in the habit of fishing there, but I have friends who fished and they told me about 1-3 kg barbels.

Of course I have photos. They are 2 possibilities:
1- to send an article and photos about the fishing in my countryside.
2- to send only photos with short descriptions, making an picture report.

For a good article, I have not enough time for the moment: I'm writing a fishing book and I write also articles for an romanian fishing magazine.
But for this picture report, why not?
How?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Why not send an article to FM, together with photos. There is a set of instructions on how to do this. If you are not sure I am certain Graham will help.

Looking forward to reading your article.

DAN SECOSAN

Reaction score
OK, I agree, but not an article because I have not enough time (see above). I will prepare an picture report, talking of course with Mr Marsden. But this will happen in july. I prepare for the time being a travel to the European Champ. in Hungary, at the end of the month, to make some reports and pictures for an romanian fishing magazine.