Your ideal angling companion

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
M

michael rouse

A super model(female).Shares a bedchair with me.mmmmmmmmmmmm :)

N

Nick Austin 2

.... i'd love to fish a small pool, with SKIVE on the opposite bank... to see that man cast a line is pure beauty!...

seriously.... my girlfriend often comes fishing with me, and she's great to have around, we always end up chatting, in near whispers for hours, about nothing in particular, what a great way to spend an afternoon...

(yes,... i'm ready for all the piss taking!)

C

Cakey

Thread title is "Your ideal angling companion - Describe him or her" sooooo
describe Linda Lusardi
Im waiting

M

mel Crighton

Sexy Mature long hair and so desireable, oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

W

Wolfman Woody

Got any particular big breasted red head in mind Cakey. Can't be Ann Robinson, she only qualifies on one point, but she is a big tit.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My ideal angling companion would have to be someone who is interested in all things around them. Who isn't bothered about big catches but knows more about watercraft than what I do, which isn't much, and doesn't mind sharing his expieriences. Someone who isn't in a hurry, and enjoys him/her self to the full when they go fishing.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Baz sums up my views perfectly.

During the last 3 or 4 years I have had the pleasure of fishing with a number of the regular contributors to FM and Baz's description could not be more apt.

To save their blushes I will not "name names" other than to say that in my 40 years plus angling experience there is only one person that I have ever fished with every day for a period of 11 days in a row.
Every one of those days was more enjoyable than the preceeding day, and I really look forward to the next time that we can again share the river bank.

J

jason fisher

bluddi ell sounds like peters thinking of getting married.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I spent some days with Peter last year.

I must say I've never enjoyed a fishing holday more. Peter makes a first rate breakfast and is a good companion. Don't know whether he likes my wide range of coversational subjects, from politics to religion, from days spent in Africa to both our jobs.

And fishing of course.

Hope to try and get down to Wilts again this year. Hope the Avon is in better trim when I do.

Shall have to watch the plastic this time though.

Remember that pub we went into that was empty Peter? Charged us nearly a tenner for sausage and mash = a measly couple of little "Netto" quality sausages on a dollop of mash the size of a fried egg - and no veg!!!

Won't go there again. No wonder it was empty.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron,

The conversation and the company were both excellent.

The pub'was the Ship in Burcombe and that night was not really typical, maybe it was the usual chefs night off.

I took Graham and Skive there on a night that coincided with their French evening and the food was far better :)

The Avon suffered badly last year due to the lack of rain but it has been looking much better recently. I spent a happy hour or so fish spotting above Salisbury last week. Lots of Trout and a good few Chub on that stretch.

Next weekend Mark and I are going to take a look at a few stretches of the Nadder as well as the Avon so hopefully there will be a few new swims to try out on your next visit Ron.

Let me know when you have a few free days Ron and we'll arrange a visit.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I will Peter, I will.

You don't ever get better fishing companions than the likes of Graham, Eddie, Skive, Peter, Tom, Chris, Andy, Dave, Sean, and a few others I can name.

One of my best fishing companions is John Weston. We have fished together since 1962.

And going back, there are people like Tag Barnes, Peter Stone, Eric Hodson, Steve Crawshaw, Christine Rickards, The Monk, and last but not least, dear old Webby.

What more can I say?