What are your plans...

R

Richard Huggett 1

Will you be at work wondering what might have been ? Or will you be out there getting some in ?

I've got the 16/17/18th off work{coincidentally my sweeper is off the road for a major service...}so I shall be at the waterside hoping for those magical mystical early mornings when the tench are creating all those lovely fizzy bubbles in my swim, and the carp are pigging out on my groundbait and those big rudd are just waiting for my casters to hit the water, and.....

But being the gentleman that I am I'll take the time to spare a thought for those of you shut in your offices answering the phone and slaving over a hot keyboard, or sitting in your company car in a traffic jam....oh yes, I'll spare a thought for you.

But as my float slides away I'll forget all about you....... :)

jp

Reaction score
Me too Richard, I never work on the first or last day of the season, I try and avoid it on all the other days as well but someone has to pay the bills.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Good men...good.
Men after my own heart. Work is the curse of the fishing classes, my old mate used to say.

S

sash

16th and 17th off for me too. I shall be on a little Fenland drain watching the dawn break and hopefully seeing the float sink. Prebaiting for a week in advance as usual and let's hope we don't get an overnight frost this year!

M

mel Crighton

I'll be there too, pitching me tent the day before, with me bag of ground bait feeding me swim and on the stroke of midnight, casting out into that magical halo on the water and watching for my float to disappear,and the first fish hits the net as the sun rises how glorious.

R

Richard Huggett 1

""and on the stroke of midnight, casting out into that magical halo on the water and watching for my float to disappear,and the first fish hits the net as the sun rises ""

Hey Mel...I hope you get a bite quicker than that mate !!!

T

tommo

Richard,

I'll be waking at dawns crack to take a leisurely sprint down to the lower wye, to watch the sun rise over the valley, and from thence onwards will spend the rest of the day in glorious tranquility, only to be bothered by the sound of racous laughter coming from a small armada of dayglow canoeists thrashing the water to a foam.

Oh, and no doubt I'll lose fifty quids worth of feeders in the rocks.

And get sunburnt

and bitten by a fleet of mossies

But i don't care, cos I'll be barbelling again. WOHOOOOOOOOOOO

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I'll be baiting up on the 15th, then early to bed and one the bank at 3-30am on the 16th.

I love it.

I am proud indeed to be called a traditionalist old fart.

M

mel Crighton

Richard,

By breakfast time my net will be overflowing,let them go and start again,
after a hearty breakfast cooked on the bank nothing like it don't you agree.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't think that far in front at the moment,in the very least I will have an evening session.

J

jason fisher

at least he's not on a soddin course in glasgow on his day off.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I'm on me big lake for the start. Can't wait till midnight though cos the baits have got to go out on the boat!!!!!!!so it's a 10 start for me, should have me first bite around end of August :(

B

Bill Eborn

Can't quite decide:

its either up very, very early to do a spot of chubbing with naturals and floaters to start with, followed by lunch in the pub and a kip somewhere and then finishing off with a bit of spinning, half in hope of a sea trout but happy with anything.

or spending the night of the 15th under the stars in a sleeping bag ready either for some river Carp or drain tench from pre-baited swims and some chub later.

Decisions, decisions...think I'll keep an eye on the weather

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Due to my work rotation this year will be the first in about 20 years that I have not fished the glorious 16th.
I have really tried to change my schedule but to no avail.

So, my first day will be on the Avon at first light on the 18th unless I can get an early flight on the 17th in which case I'll be on the river in the late afternoon.

J

John Hepworth

Unless a miracle happens I and get a quick fix on my knackered knee I will only be dreaming of what would be. Having been waiting since last Novemeber I doubt there is much chance of me getting out anywhere.
I did manage to get 3 hours or so on the river Bann last week, but even then I fell off the hard,level peg. Fortunately the river was vey low otherwise I would have finished up in about 4ft of water.
A funny thing that can oly happen in Ireland - where I purchased the day ticket and licence they also had a cafe, so the wife said she fancied a drink. Sorry we are closed at the moment said the lady, but would you like a cup of tea and a wee fruit scone while you wait.

J

jason fisher

you need one of rons servants to push you up and down the bank in awheelchair john

G

Gary Knowles 2

"should have me first bite around end of August"

LOL.....