Helenburgh South Africa

J

ji1234

Next month I am off for a holiday in Helenburgh and would be grateful for any help on where to fish on land or sea. Also what tackle I must take with me.
Thank you.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Good grief man, don't start talking about Africa on here, you'll never shut a certain Mr Clay up !!!!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Helenburgh?

Isn't that somewhere on the Natal South coast?

I can't remember the place. Which province is it in 1234?

And what's your real name?

T

The Monk

bloody Africa again oh no

come on Ron one for you mate

R

Ron Troversial Clay

And what's wrong with Bloody Africa?

We all came from there you know.

J

ji1234

Helenburgh just south of Durban on the Natal coast line. I know that there are some sea boats that supply everything but I would also like to do some inland fishing during my three week holiday. I will take extra tackle with me to give away like I did when fishing in Seattle and Alaska. If anybody is going fishing around Seattle I can put them in touch with a good old sport.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I thought it was - must be near Sheffield Beach, just up the road from Eckington.

Now I remember it.

Little places all named after villages around Sheffield England.

I went on my honeymoon in Scottburgh, I don't think it's all that far from Helenburgh.

J

ji1234

I should feel at home then as I only live five miles from Eckington, England.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Oh my gawd...time for a tactical withdrawal Nick.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Just inland along the Natal coast line are some the best Large Mouth Black Bass waters in the World.

Albert Falls Dam is one of the best. Fish over double figures have been taken.

If you want to go a little further, The Nottingham Road area of the Natal Midlands offers superb river and still water fly fishing for rainbow and brown trout.

Look up "Nottingham Road" on Google.

"Notties" is about 150 kms from Durbs. An easy 11/2 hour drive.