Cheese paste

Peter West

Reaction score
HI all.
I know this topic has been discussed before but cant find on forum, with only a few day left till rivers open I thought I would start making my own cheese paste, please can someone give me detailed instructions on preparing it smellier the better.
Thanks Peter

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
This is my way there are others.

Cut the crust of a loaf and liquidise
Finely grate 4oz Mature Cheddar and 4oz Danish Blue and mix together.
Add cheese to the liquidised bread and knead together untill the chesse as blended with the bread.. This can take a while but the more you kneed the better it becomes.
Place in freezer for 24 hours. Then defrost and re-freeze do this 3 times. This makes it more pliable.

Your bait is ready. If you wish to die or add flavourings the do it at the begining before you start kneeding the ingredients together.

Were are you planning on fishing Peter i am in Lancashire myself and will be on the Ribble and Dane

J

John Howard

Use short crust pastry. Either bought from a super market or if youe feeling jewish beg or steal some when the wifes baking. I then use the same amount of danish blue as pastry. Plus a generous amount of chedder and a good sprinling of parmesan. Grate the cheese and knead both together until smooth. Wrap in cling film, then in a plastic tub, place in the fridge and forget about it for as long as possible.

Peter West

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan & John.
Bryan I live quite near in Chorley but work in Bamber Bridge and work shifts 6-2 & 2-10 so on mornings can be on bank and fishing by 3, member of Prince Albert they have some good stretches, but found a good day ticket stretch at Tickle trout up river from motorway bridge, saw 2 double figure barbel last season to same person within 1 hour but only 3 pegs on this part.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I am in Blackburn do you have the Wigan card this gives you access to Elston a few doubles came out there last year. I fish Heapey No1 a lot with my Barbel gear the 15Ib fish fight well on it.

Peter West

Reaction score
Bryan. Only live about mile from Heapey, had Wigan card since nipper but let go i was told they had lost the Elston stretch can you still drive down to bank or am i wrong stretch.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
yes at the upstream farm. They share the stretch with a another club. according to there website you can get day tickets for this stretch as well.
Wigan AA

Peter West

Reaction score
Bryan. Just going back to the paste is it one loaf to 4oz of each cheeses

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Had the cheese a little at a time until the mix feels right weights vary depending on how moist the bread is and oily the cheese is.