Barrie Rickard

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure if Barrie was correct when he states:
"Some one was suggesting that if we voted ?no? in the constitution referendum then we?d lose all say on the matter. That?s daft. If we vote ?NO? there won?t be a constitution and we won't have deranged views from Europe leaning on us"

I do believe that providing that no more than one fifth of the member Country's vote "No" then the Constitution can be fully ratified by the Council of Ministers thereby totally nullifying the referendum in any particular Country.

This "four fifths" rule has been cited and used in the past on less contentious issues, although I have no doubt that it will be resurected if necessary on this issue.

W

Wolfman Woody

I wouldn't mind betting it's the Green Party that's trying to get animal rights into the Constitution.

I always enjoy readin Barry Richards (Ooops Sorry - Barrie Rickards) articles, but he suffers the same as me, people keep pismelling his mane, name.

S

stephen cotton

I couldn't agree more with Barrie about the EA sitting on the fence over the exploitation of eels. All elever and eel fishing should be stopped now before its too late. I think the only hope is that legislation from the EEC forces them into action...On the subject of the Japanese research, I have never heard of this. If true what happens to inland eels? I would love to read the report on this.

Pete Austin 3

Reaction score
it would seem that barrie has uncovered a few more good reasons to vote against the eu constitution.
The EA claim to be dealing with over fishing by elver netsmen by putting next years elver permit up to ?60,wow,that`ll deter the greedy people who often earn 1000`s per night!!!!!!